Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 27, 2017

The day I met aunt Jamie

Hello Everyone!

This last week was absolutely wonderful!

In fact, we just had a powerful stake priesthood session last night and wow. The spirit seriously hit me strong. One of the biggest things that I took away from it is how the spirit works. Lately I've been trying to figure out some big things in my life and it hit me pretty hard that I've been going about it the wrong way. I keep expecting the spirit to just kind of tell me the answers that I need or tell me exactly what I should do. Sometimes we need to just think it through, pray about it, and of we don't hear anything different, go for it. As a great man one told me, I just need to sit and think first, THEN ask for help. Heavenly father's plan is for us to grow, not learn how to follow orders. I am so thankful that I have a loving father who knows me and is willing to help me become better.

Anyways, this week was really wonderful! One of the biggest things that we got to do this week was help someone in Boulder build a house! I got to help our branch president put up a bunch of insulation and help out this poor brother who had moved to town last November with his wife, but have been living out of a camper. It was a super cool experience, service really truly does heal the soul. I was also able to do a lot of thinking while we were doing that. 

Those we have been teaching have been doing really great! Oh! So we have been working with a guy in another ward, he's a less active member, and is really struggling with a trial of faith. Honestly, I have been really blessed to work with him, he has really blessed my life. However lately he has been reminding me of someone and it wasn't until recently that I figured it out. He's a male aunt Jamie! So crazy! Their personalities are so similar! 

Anyways, I love you all! I hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Never give up, Never surrender!
-Elder Berrett


No comments:

Post a Comment