Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Good Morning part 3

And good morning again!  I’m standing here making pancakes and I’m bored, cause my companion is downstairs still trying to fix the toilet seat so I’m gonna be up here making you voice mails.   Chatting more.  Because it beats just standing there staring at a pancake.

I’m not a big fan of this mix.  Like, oh, I can’t say until I’ve tasted it but at least while I’m cooking it, just because normally how like when you’re making a pancake, and you know when to flip it cause the bubbles start popping at the top?  This one doesn’t do that whole bubble thing.  It’s kinda starting to a little bit, once it’s ready to flip, but like for the most part it’s kind of, just kind of a timing feel thing.  Like see, it was barely starting to have any bubbles starting to form and I just flipped it, and it was CLEARLY like, it was ready to flip.  So maybe I don’t know, maybe I need to try these pancakes and  if they’re not cooked in the middle at all and I should be waiting a lot longer, and kinda singe the top, I don’t know, it’s on like Low to 2.  It’s not that I’m cooking them too fast.

What else?  Today I will be buying stuff to make another raspberry pie.   It’s about that time of year I really want raspberry pie.  And, at least in my opinion, you will probably excommunicate me from the family for saying this but I’ve found that frozen raspberries work just as well as regular raspberries.  Granted, I’ve only made a pie with regular raspberries once, and they may not have been the best raspberries so there’s that.  But I’ve found that like honestly I can make a pie with, you can probably tell  like if you were to do a taste test, take a bite of one and then the other, but in the middle of winter you’re not going to get any good raspberries, buy a package of the frozen ones, that you’d use for smoothies, thaw them, put em in side a, (dog barking) Oh, my name tag is reflecting light and the dog is flipping out again.

I don’t remember where I was going, I think I was talking about something.   I really don’t remember.  Probably for the best, the Spirit was like “Stop Talking. It’s getting ridiculous. Someone please shut him up.”

Alright, pancake three turned out pretty good.  I’m a little worried it’s getting too hot again so I’m gonna turn it down.   Oh there we go.  Okay,  so this mix is only good for making about 4 pancakes  per... thingy?  As opposed to my last one that made 6 for myself and I was stuffed beyond capacity.
Mmmmm.  

I do love the trees out here though.  Lots of pine trees everywhere.  Love being close to the mountains, I do love that feel. You know, being able to look outside your window and just see lots of mountains everywhere. (dog barking) He really loves the light.  I keep walking in this area.  I need to stay out of that area.  As I walk by the table it just hits the light.  (laughs) The dog is just staring at the wall waiting for the light to appear again.   Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to get a dog.  Like if my wife really, really, really wants one, I’ll let her have like a Vector (the Cheathams dog) but other than that…  Any other dog that’s small is a punting dog and any other big ones make my eyes itch, so yeah.  And definitely no cats.  Cats are just right out. 

See?  This one wasn’t even forming bubbles and once I flipped it, it’s definitely done. Brownish.  It’s not even that perfect pancake look.  The pancakes still look pretty good, just not the best.

I really, kind of off subject but I just found the phone in my pocket, I’ve really kinda fallen in love with T9 word.  The texting with the numbers.  It’s just so easy and fast and once you get the hang of it, you can text without looking at the phone.  Like we can be sitting at dinners and we’ll need to quickly respond to a text an investigator sent us and I’ll be looking at the member “Oh yeah! Absolutely!” while texting a response under the table. Pass it to my companion who quickly glances at it to approve it and hit send. 


I think that’s about it, this pancake is about done, so I’m going to stop.  Love you Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment