Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Helena, Week 3

Hello everyone!

This last week has been absolutely wonderful! Like so many that I know, I feel like the Lord has truly spoken to me this week. 

Lately I have really been feeling like I haven't been doing enough. And through much prayer and fasting, I have truly felt the Lord's hand in my life. 

While I have received a ton of small answers and help from the lord, I actually feel like some of the biggest help I got came when our stake was visited by 2 general authorities. Here in Helena our stake President and his wife were apparently called to be a mission president in Sydney Australia! Anyways, because of this we had to have a new stake presidency organized. During their visit  (Elder Sexton and Elder Klebingat) both testified strongly of the savior and of his atonement. 

At one point during their visit they answered a question that a young girl asked them a little earlier which was "What do we do when we feel like we have been going through a trial for a long time?" To this question they both testified of how truly thanks to our Heavenly Father's plan and Jesus Christ's Atonement, we have truly nothing to fear. 

Also this week I was reading the Book of Mormon. And in 1st Nephi 7:12 it reads "12 Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him." 

Long story short, the lesson for me this week was that I really need to stop stressing over "am I doing enough?" And instead I need to turn my focus more to building my faith in my Savior Jesus Christ. At the end of the day, we CAN'T do enough, but as we turn our thoughts and hearts to the Savior, we will be able to overcome and accomplish all things. I have truly felt His love this week. I know that I can overcome all things and feel true joy in and through Him. 

I know that I have been absolutely horrid at staying in contact with a lot of people, but I wanted to add as many of my friends to this email as I could, so that you can all I know that I love you all and pray for you all. I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Never give up, Never Surrender!





Also P.s. the pictures are our zone getting together for zone preparation day!

No comments:

Post a Comment