Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday Morning

Good morning mom!  Today is Tuesday the 6th? 7th?  It’s the day after I talked to you last.  It’s a wonderful morning, the sun is high, I am making myself a nice bagel this morning.  I’m surprised, I’m just not that hungry this morning.  Just a bagel. That’s gonna do it for me.  I remember the days when I’d be so hungry, I’d just come home from school and eat like four or five sandwiches.  The only reason I’d stop eating then was because literally my jaw would hurt. I’m gonna say a prayer over this food real quick.

Alright, I’m back.  And you know I was thinking, I’m pretty thankful for the new schedule change.  Part of it, we pretty much get an extra half hour in the mornings just to get ready.  Things are a lot less rushed.  So our normal schedule for us is 6:30 we wake up, exercise, and then we have from 7 – 8:30, instead of 7-8 to shower, get changed, eat breakfast… It’s really nice.  We find that we both end up getting completely ready by 7:45, and then eat breakfast, relax a little bit, take it nice and easy.  It’s wonderful! Really wonderful.

Anyways, today we have some fun plans, well, sorta.  We do have some administrative tasks to do, we need to install some Fire/CO2 detectors in a couple of the apartments in our zone, but other than that… We get to go out to lunch with an Elder that Elder Shumway trained.  They have to come into, where am I?  Helena? Yeah, they have to come into Helena for a doctor's appointment, and asked that we have lunch with them.  So that’s pretty cool and I’m really excited for Elder Shumway. 

Other than that, not much else, we actually have a couple of referrals that we are planning on trying today.  It’s gonna be a good day.

Recently as a zone, I’ve never set a goal like this before, we made our zone mission plan, and we came to the conclusion that we wanted to set a goal for how many Book of Mormons we wanted to give out, really just to increase our finding efforts,  it’s not like we’re trying to meet a quota or anything, it’s just finding has been really down in the mission, and this is a fun way we thought of doing it.  Our goal is 400 in the next 4 weeks. With all six companionships. (Companion – “Elder! It’s 200!”)  Our goal is 200.  Thank you, Elder.  There’s a bit of a difference there.

I’m really excited for this, and I’ll follow up with you tonight on how the day went.

Love you! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment