Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Good morning part 2

Alright!  So good morning again.  I’m now officially starting the pancakes.  Things seem to be going good so far.  Well, except that this one mix that I’m using, it says that for one cup mix, use one cup milk, it’s that special protein one that Elder Shumway likes, but the measuring cup that I used has a hole in the bottom. So we’ve got lots of dripped milk everywhere that I’ll be cleaning up.  I’m gonna let the family know, because.  Alright.  Lumps are a good thing.  At least according to brother Cheatham.  And IHOP.

(A lot of banging)  Ooooh!  Lots of flour is built up in the spoon.  Woo-hoo!  Get that out of the spoon and mix that up with the rest of the mix…   (whistling the Star Wars while drumming on the side of the bowl.)  (singing to the tune of Star Wars) And lets add a little bit of more mix, some more mix, because it’s too liquidy. ♪♫ (more whistling)  Alright I think that’s good, oh crap I’m supposed to get the skillet ready.  I think I forgot this last time too.  I found the non-stick pan…
How’re things going for you guys?  Things have been going really good for us here.  Snow’s definitely melting more.  Not as much snow, but still ice.  The ice is melting, and we’re going to have a fairly nice warm week.  It’s going to be up in the 40’s.  How awful is it that I can say that?  But, it’s getting better.

Reminder:  We need to buy more milk.  We probably have a cup or two left. Let’s see… So Elder Shumway has requested that I try out this pan that looks like a cow’s face.  A cartoon cow face.  I might take a picture of it.  Pose with it.  We’ll see how this one works out, I’m not too sure.  I’m gonna make a couple with this mix, with the regular griddle just to see how it works on it.  Cause I know that this mix tends to solidify fairly quickly.  Oh I should probably turn the stove on.  (clicking)  There we go, got it lit.  Turn it on 2 to low.  (singing to an unknown tune)♪♫Scooping some butter, put it in the pan ♪♫. Oh, you know, I’ve really come to love the first pancake that you make in a pan that you just put butter in.  It’s just so, so delicious.  Wonderful.  Glorious.  Umm, Fantastic. Makes you want to shout Geronimo! Allons-y! I don’t know, that’s about it. Stupendous. Makes me feel like I can do anything.  I can go testify of Christ to absolutely anyone after eating one of those pancakes.  I can stand up in front of a whole congregation, in fact, I’d go so far as to say a whole conglomeration.   I need to look up the actual definition of conglomeration. As far as I’m concerned all it is is like a group of people smaller than a town, but I think larger than a hamlet.   Oh… maybe I added to much flour stuff mix.  Better add a little bit more milk. Or maybe it’s just solidifying, which means I do need to add more milk.  There we go.   That’s looking a lot more like pancake batter.

Ok, so!  Potential news for this week, we have zone conference coming up next week, it will be in Bozeman, sadly not Butte, I was a little saddened by that, I was looking forward to going back and uh, maybe go chastise my recent convert, for not being as active as she promised.   She’s still active.  Fairly.  She comes about once a month.  Slacker. But, we all have our own agency, it doesn’t mean I can’t enforce it.  Elder Hatch always said that his mom joked around that she was going to write a book called “Agency, and How to Enforce It – A Parenting Guide.”

Helena is starting to grow on me a little bit.  It is pretty nice here. Really beautiful.  We’re going to be touring the Cathedral soon.  I really want to do that.  I don’t know. I feel like if I’m going to be in a big city, I’d rather be home.  Not that I’m getting homesick per se, but it’s just like, I feel like I keep comparing Helena as a city to a place like home.  If that makes sense.  Oh it’s cold, it’s snowy… I just need to get over myself.  And stop comparing.  I really only think about these things on preparation days, I promise I don’t do this all the time.  We’ve had a lot, a lot of fun here. Done a lot of great work. 

Oh, I think I mentioned him Tuesday, maybe, maybe not.  But we ran into someone, yeah, I wouldn’t have mentioned him on Tuesday because we ran into him on Thursday.  On Thursday we, I’m trying to remember his name.  For the longest time we kept calling him Joe. That’s what keeps sticking in my mind. So lately I’ve been calling him “Not Joe”.  But he’s a really awesome guy, he was less active for awhile since he moved here.  He’s from Mesa Arizona, moved here in like August/September of last year.  Lost his job in October, he was a really successful IT guy in Arizona, in the Phoenix area, and then ended up moving up here for half the pay so that he could be closer to his kids who live in Boulder.  But then the place that he got a job at decided that they don’t need his position any more. So he’s kinda struggling right now.  He’s really having a crisis of faith. But in that lesson that we met him, he actually lives in First Ward, but the bishop in First Ward decided that Elders would be best for him, so they called us and asked us to go visit him.  Since there are sisters in that ward.  And wow, not only was it super spiritual, but it was one of those moments where it was the spirit testifying to you that you are here for that person. I think his name, it’s not Calzona, I know it’s not that, I’ll have to look it up.  I wonder can I look it up while doing a voice recording? Maybe I can.  (to his companion- ) Elder!  What’s the name of “Not Joe”?  Stephen.  Stephen!

 (Elder Shumway) Do you know where some Super glue is?  (Elder Berrett) No, I don’t know where Super Glue is, why? (Elder Shumway) I’m trying to fix the toilet.  (EB) You’re trying to fix the what? Oh.  (laughs)  Our toilet seat has been coming off the hinges.  It was like that when I got here, don’t ask me how that happened.  (Muffled conversation, laughing)

That is a perfectly flipped uh, pancake.  I forgot the word. Butter pancake! That’s the main word I forgot. Oh that just looks wonderful.  I am really excited for this. Elder, I used your mix.  I’m honestly really scared to use the cow pan, like I’m going to try it, but I’m not going to be able to flip it.  Like, there’s no way.   It’s a small, tiny shaped pan.  It’s like the size of one pancake, but I have no clue how you’d flip something in it.  Cause you can’t really scoop in it, like maybe, but, like you’d have to transition from this pan, like scoop it out of here and into like a griddle.  Cause there’s no way you’d be able to like flip it perfectly and put it back in its little shape holder thing.  Elder Shumway suggested that it’s for cooking eggs, but I’m not sure, it looks like it would be for… I’m gonna turn the heat up just a little bit. Low seems a little too low.   Ok. Perfect.  (whistling)  That first pancake can be mine since I’m not sure how well it’s cooked in the middle.  Ok, now for pancake number two!  Pancake 2.0 definitely bigger.  Ohhhh.  Spoon dropped in the mix.

We’ll see how long this lasts.  Best of luck with the super glue my friend.  (mumbled conversation)
Being in a companionship is interesting, it’s kinda like being in a bachelor life, but you have, you have a companion obviously so you’re not by yourself.  Granted, as a missionary, our focus is way different than maybe a normal bachelor life, and I don’t know what I’m talking about.  Because our focus is on helping others and loving others, and helping others come closer to Christ.  In fact, our PURPOSE is to invite others, “Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.”  I don’t know why I was so thrown off reciting that. Maybe it’s because I said “Our purpose” at the start and not “My purpose”.

Flip. Oh, there we go.  That is a much better looking golden pancake.  The last pancake, when I flipped it, the top kinda looked a little white-ish almost, that’s why I’m a little worried how thoroughly it’s cooked.  Maybe that’s just… Maybe that’s the effect of the butter. Maybe.  We’ll find out.


I’m gonna end this voice mail.  Voice mail.  This isn’t a voice mail. Well, actually it’s a voice recording that’s sent over mail, Voice. Mail.  Oh, that’s funny.  So, love you mom, I hope that you have a wonderful day, tell the siblings I love em, and keep on smiling J  Bye guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment