Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6 conversation

Hey, so we got your packages J  Christopher was like “Why did nick send me this?”  He thought it was all presents for him.  We put most of it in storage for you, kept the chocolate out, the magnet (thank you very much) and the kids confiscated the Christmas tree thingy.   But what’s up with the magic cards?  Are you into that these days?  Which companion corrupted you? I hope you didn’t spend too much $ on that giant box…

The magic cards were something that we got to play with a sick missionary a long time ago, I don't know if you remember that back when I was first a zone leader. Anyways, we went on 1-2 exchanges a week to help them out and keep their area alive. We found a bunch of magic cards on sale and got them so that whoever was with the sick missionary could play with him since that was basically his favourite game ever. He had gotten permission from President to play card and board games since the poor guy literally couldn't do anything else:/ but ya. Those were left over from that period, I knew I shouldn't have or use them anymore so I sent them home. And no, not getting into that. The game was fun because of him, but It wasn't fun enough to spend ridiculous amounts of money on EVERY STINKING YEAR.


And no thankfully that was sent by a member who owns a FED EX outlet and sends home stuff for missionaries for free. He was very kind:) 

Christopher did pretty well at his pinewood derby.  We bought a pre-cut car from michaels, and he and Maddie spray painted it black.  He’s all about the cars these days.  He plays this game called Forza which is a racing game, and you earn $ by racing and then you can buy new cars.  He has quite the collection.  He even bought an old Subaru cause it looked a lot like your old car.  And we talk about all the cars he sees on the street.  Currently his favorite “dream car” is a Nissan – crap I can’t remember… it’s got three letters, I think one of them is an R….  – anyways, there’s some guy on youtube who’s fairly famous and he used his youtube earnings to buy himself a car and Christopher is obsessed.  He also plans on being a famous youtuber. “I need a million subscribers” “How can I get fan mail?”.  He’s making me crazy with it.  His very first video got three views yesterday, but I suspect they all might be him. (I don’t think he has followers? I don’t know?) 

Hahaha go Christopher! I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know anything about cars, especially trucks. I asked someone the other day if their Ford F150 had a Cummins in it. Apparently the F150 isn't normally a diesel, and the Cummins is a Dodge diesel engine. And that's hilarious that Squish wants to be a famous you tuber. Not going to lie, I'm totally going to watch his channel when I get home, but of course I'm his brother and I think he's adorable so...

Loving your voice recordings by the way.  I’m only ½ way through the second one.  I will keep Talena (last name redacted) and her daughter in my prayers and you too so that you can go to their baptism.  That would be so awesome!  How were the pancakes?  Is that the mix I sent you?  It looked like something you would like. I just laughed listening to you making those.  It’s like having you in the room with me. 

Thanks:)

And actually I just got word that I will not be allowed to. President has asked that I use this time to work in my own area, which makes sense. 

The pancakes were pretty good :) and yes, that is the same mix that you sent me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment