Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Pancakes Cleanup

Good morning again! Just so you know, quick update, the pancakes were wonderful and delicious.  I was just talking with my companion while eating them so I didn’t make a voice recording. Oh, super good.  He did however guilt trip me into eating a lot less Panda, a lot less pancakes… already been really good at eating a lot less ice-cream since it hurts my stomach.  So, I’ll pretty much be making a voice recording while cleaning up, since I’ve already ignored it for like half an hour and we’ve got stuff to do.

Let’s see, in your email today you asked if I had anything fun planned, and holy cow do we ever! I’m so excited.  We’re planning on, sister Crosland, she’s in my zone again, I started out with her in Great Falls, and then she was in Lovell Wyoming for a little bit, but only like a transfer or two, and now she’s here, and she’s going home in a couple of weeks, and that’s really really weird because she came out with me.  But for her second to last preparation day, because I think she’s planning on just emailing and getting ready, I don’t know what she’s doing next week, but this week she’s planned out a big thing for everyone. We’re going to the Cathedral at 12:00, tour that, and after that we’re going to go get ice-cream, so I might want to stop by and try out some of that Lactaid stuff, I should be fine, I haven’t had any dairy.  I find it just like, amplifies depending on how much I eat.  So if I were to like, eat a bowl of cereal, I feel a little uncomfortable, but not too bad, but then if I were to have something like with lots of dairy in it later that day, like ice-cream for dessert or something, and it would kinda, ugh, yeah.  But I should be fine, since we are eating dinner with the (unintelligible) tonight, I don’t know if they usually give dessert, I’ve only had dinner with them once, um, yeah. That’s about it.   

(whistling) The dog is freaking out right now.  The light is bouncing off my watch and she’s like “Aaaah! I’m gonna kill it!”

But yes, so after the Cathedral, we’re gonna go get ice-cream, and then after we get ice-cream, we’re gonna go to the stake center, no not the stake center, the 6th avenue building, our building, where we normally meet up and play sports all together.  It’s so weird being around other missionaries.  It’s not quite like Butte where you saw the missionaries every single day, at least the zone leaders we’d see them at night to sync up at Great Harvest.  The sisters we’d see usually driving around or doing something, or we’d have an activity planned with them.   Here it’s more like we’d see the missionaries a couple of times a week, cause we’re not in Helena, we’re in East Helena, really creative name there, it’s like this small town that’s pretty much connected to Helena. They’re like “Brown Thing!” (?)  But they’re pretty good.  So we see people at district meeting, random service projects, when we’re not spending the whole freaking week in Billings or Boulder or whatever.

I’m having so much fun messing with this dog.  It’s getting really frustrated with me. I should probably stop. I should probably actually do my dishes too.  It’s one thing I’ve gotten really good at living with members, is doing my dishes.  Because as a missionary, you are constant guests in their house, and you don’t want to leave them with tons of dishes to do on your behalf.  To quote I think Brother Cheatham when I first moved in, they were just kinda going over the house rules, and they’re like “We’re not your parents, we won’t be doing your dishes, they will be done at the end of every night.  We’re fine if you have to leave for the end of the day, but they will be done before you go to bed.” So brother cheatham.  I love brother Cheatham.  Wonderful, wonderful, glorious man.  Well, I washed a fork. It’s clean now. Nope, it’s not. (Sounds of water running, and Nick singing some unkown song.) Plate’s clean.  Now for the spatula.  I do enjoy pancakes too, because they are fairly easy to clean up.  It’s not too disgusting of a cleanup either, not to say like, well like greasy foods, like if I were to make let’s say, I don’t know, tacos, like well I’d do it, obviously, I just…oh, cleaning that pan or something like that, I just don’t enjoy.  Granted, I don’t enjoy cleaning too many things, but I do it. Cause you kinda got to. 

I think going on a mission is a great skill/life learning experience. Yeah.  When I was with Elder Tucker he would tell me about his college roommates.  He said he always loved having a returned missionary as a roommate because they knew how to clean.  Not to say that they were the best at it, cause at the end of the day we are still only 20-21 single, college kids. But apparently we are a lot better at it than non-returned missionaries.  Which I guess I can kind of see.  I mean, you know what my cleaning skills were like before my mission. They were alright if I actually did them. (running water, whistling)  So Madison, Zach, Christopher- Go on a mission. It will change your life.  And apparently make you a better cleaner.  

Why aren’t you working? (I think he’s asking the brush?) She has one of those scrubber brush things that release soap while you use them, I really like them. This is the second members house that I’ve lived in that have them and they are really nice. If I am ever forced to live in my own apartment as a missionary I am getting one.   Oh, I hope that never happens. Well, at the end of the day, I think I might be fine with it.  It’s me thinking, “yeah, it’s not going to be the Cheathams, it’s not going to be the…” sorry, wow, am I really spacing on their name? The members I lived with in Wyoming, or in Powell. I love them. Jeide’s!  Okay. I feel awful. How could I forget their name?  That’s like forgetting Madison’s name.  No. That’s not as bad as forgetting Madison’s name. But, still.

I thought that comment you made in your email about Christopher… Oh. I thought I was done cleaning. I still have the container I made the pancake mix in to clean. Close though! Last thing.  Anyways, I thought the comment you made about Christopher still wanting to be a youtube star was hilarious.  Ten followers?  Are they just like his classmates? Like, not to be rude but, I mean I guess if they’re really funny.  Obviously I can’t watch them.

It’s kinda funny having a Samsung tablet.  So, Moss 360 you know, once it’s installed it’s like the, it’s a device management software that the church installs on it. However, at least with an android you can install it yourself, so you know, when you get your tablet you make sure your companion is around you and watching you at all times when you’re using it, and then you go into the google play store and download Moss 360, you type in your credentials, and then it installs it on your device. It’s safe and locked down. You should always use it when your companion is near you, I mean it’s not like… Does it make sense what I am saying? You’re now actually protected, you can only access LDS.org, that type of stuff.  I was going somewhere with this. Oh yeah, Moss 360 what it does, one of the other things that it does is that it, when you first get your device it’s like, “Oh, youtube! CNN!” all these other things that are pre-installed on it, well instead of deleting the apps, Moss 360 just kind of hides them I guess from your view. You can’t actually access them, but they’re still downloaded on the device. And they still update. And so, there will be times when I am trying to do something, or use the wifi and I’m like, “Oh. Well, apparently youtube is updating. Yippee. Looks like I can’t download stuff for the next minute or two.”  Well I can, and I do, but it’s just slower.  I’m sure if I went into the settings there might be a way to, like an application manager or find a way to remove them but I don’t have time for that.

This was a lot easier to clean than last time.  The special protein pancake stuff was super hard to clean. This stuff was like “Oh! You want to rinse me off with water and then scrub the rest with soap? Yeah, go for it! Sure. I don’t want to hang around here anyway.” (running water and whistling) I do think these brushes probably use more soap, so if you’re trying to save money, these brushes probably aren’t the best. They’re just so much more easier to clean with though.  Pros and cons.  Alright, put the rack back in the sink, put the plate there to dry… All done! Oh, put the pan back in the… (banging)  Good. That’s it! Oh, nope. Put the butter away. How’d I forget that one?  Close! But no cigar.

Oh, so random sermon of the day, there’s a place we pass, probably every day. We just see it from the road. Called The Man Store.  And in the store they offer, I think it says, “All manner of cigars, microbrews…”  And just basically other Natural Man stuff.  I’m sitting there thinking and going, You know, that’s not really a Man store.  You know that’s stuff that Satan advertises as “manly” and all these other things, but at the end of the day, what does that do to you? Let’s see, it gives you lung cancer, makes you so you die earlier, let’s see, you become a drunk, you become… I don’t know, just all these negative things and I’m like, that’s not what a man is.  To quote the scouts, a man is “trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent, and sometimes hungry.” (laughs)  So that’s my rant of the day. 

I’m pretty excited for all that we have planned today.  How long has this recording been going? 16 minutes! I should probably stop this recording so that it will send.


I love you so much mom and hope you have a wonderful day. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment