Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, March 6, 2017

Voice Recording 3/6/17 pt 2

Good morning, good morning!♪♫  Happy morning again! Eggs are going great.  Oh! Hello! I just flipped it and it went everywhere.  Or little bits of it went everywhere.  Ok, this egg is most definitely done, moving it off the burner, and putting the bagel in the toaster.  It’s amazing the things you take for granted when you’re at home. Like, for instance, a toaster.  I REALLY missed having a toaster when I was in, let me think, cause I don’t know if I had one in Great Falls, that was so long ago. If we did we never really used it.   Butte, never really had one. Like we got one near the end of my stay there, and that was nice, but I missed it at times. And like, at least now that I’ve had one, oh my goodness, it’s been great. 

Oh! And in Powell I got used to having a Panini press. The members there had one and it was glorious. Paninis for days. Like the most simplest lunch ever.  You just – Bread! Turkey! Pastrami! Cheese! Boom! Put it in the Panini maker, press it down… It’s just basically a fancy grilled cheese. A quick grilled cheese.  I could probably just make one for lunch today and have it be the exact same, now that I think about it. It was just a grilled cheese.  Just, yeah. Really good though, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

It snowed a bit yesterday but it all melted. It’s so nice. There’s still remnants of the snow from winter, you’ll still see patches, there’s still snow on the mountains.  For the most part it’s all off the roads. It’s so nice. Grass is coming back, all the trees are still dead. Minus all the pine. That is the cool thing about Montana.  Like in Arizona, all the trees just die, minus palm trees.  Basically if you put them in the winter here, everything would be dead. But now you have these, like I look and you see these dead trees, but then you have pine trees. And they’re just always alive. And always looking great. Maybe that’s why they’re everywhere, because people are like “I want to be able to look at a tree year round, and not have to rake leaves.” That is definitely one thing that I’m like, I don’t know if I want to live in a place with fall, like it’s beautiful to go see and visit, but then leaves. And if you don’t get them raked up before snow hits, you gotta deal with a lot of mushy old leaves when it all melts.  #Arizonaforthewin. 

Let me think, oh we had a powerful recent convert fireside last night.  That was pretty amazing.  Basically it was all the recent converts or the recently reactivated members within the last year or two, and they were invited to come bear their testimonies and hear the testimonies of others.  It was about an hour and a half, so it was like the length if a Sacrament meeting, with some treats.  It was a Sacrament meeting with treats. Minus the sacrament. The sacrament is our treat. I forgot where I was going with all this…. Oh yes! Wonderful, wonderful meeting.  I really enjoyed it.  Super spiritual and powerful, there’s a few points where, I will admit, I was struggling to stay awake. I feel that that hits, I don’t know, I’ve had points where like, it’s hit me really hard.  There were some sacrament meetings where I’m like, this is it.  I’m dead. But then there’s other ones where I’m like totally awake! I don’t know, maybe it happens more in the summer?  I don’t know, I think it’s probably more summer.  This last winter was hard. Cause I hardly ever fell asleep in Butte the whole time I was there.  Greybull was fine until it started to get warmer… maybe it is the summer? Cause I don’t think I struggled… oh, okay well, I did struggle a bit in Powell, but that was usually only the last ward and we’re at church from 7:30 to 4:00 with all the ward council meetings.  So maybe that’s part of it.  At least I hope it is. I hate to uh, yeah.  I remember I used to do that back home a lot. And you’d bring up the point, “You gotta get over this for your mission!”  Well, for the most part I did. If I fall asleep it’s usually for only 10 or 15 minutes. Then I’m totally awake for the rest of the meeting.  It’s bad.  I have no excuses.  I haven’t been doing it lately in these sacrament meetings though. It’s like, my problem now is extra meetings. Like stake conferences or firesides. It’s like, well, end of the day, I’m sitting down in a comfy chair.  Good night.  I’m gonna pause this real quick while I bless the food.

Alright I’m back. And now I’m going to take this over to the table.  Oh, I’m hungry. And I also feel a little sick to my stomach.  But I’m hungry, so we’ll see how this goes.  Going and getting a haircut today.  Really great guy, I’m debating it, so all the missionaries keep talking about this guy, he’s super, super great, it’s expensive, so I’ve been saving up a little bit of money for it.  The thing is, it’s a $20 hair cut, which I’m like “pfff, that’s so much money…” but he’s also a real barber, like straight shave, everything. It’s only like an extra $4 and I kinda want to try that today. But the problem is, is that like I still need to shave today, it’s not that much, so I kinda feel that getting a straight shave on a mission is kinda, pointless. If that makes sense just because it’s, I don’t know, there’s not much to take off other than the stuff you grew overnight. I hope that made any sense.  I’m probably just going to shave and maybe try one later when I get home.  Because I do want to have that experience at some point in my life.

This sandwich looks really good.  I put some cream cheese on the top bun.  Yep. It’s good.

Oh! Duh! I know what you’re waiting for! Transfer news. (laughs)  Bless your heart, mom.  So we both got our transfer news and we’re both staying here Helena.  I’m really excited and it’s gonna be another great transfer. I love it here, I love Elder Shumway, it’s gonna be wonderful. Elder Hendricks I know is staying in Billings.  Our zone isn’t changing too much, apart from the three missionaries who went home, and there’s one more missionary that’s going down to Lovell, Wyoming. I loved giving him that news.  It was great.


To be completely honest, I can’t think of anything else to talk about, and I really want to enjoy my sandwich.  So I’m going to stop this recording, I’m going to send it off, and I’ll probably send another one later!  Love you mom.  Thank you for all you do. And I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment