Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Voice Recording 3/27 pt 2

Good morning again! (coughing fit)  Wow.  Okay.  I think I swallowed some flour. I just got back from switching my laundry.  The washing machines take ages here, so when it finishes you gotta run down and restart it so we can actually get out of here at a reasonable time.   Let’s see… Mixing up the batter... as we speak…. Already looking pretty dang good. If I do say so myself. (whistling Ode to Joy) Butter. All right.

So lets talk a little bit more. Moving the recording over to the cupboard right next to the pan.  Let’s see…  Uh, no, I didn’t see Elder Burch, I saw him at transfers. That was amazing to be able to see Elder Burch. He’s doing great.  Even sent me a letter the other day. It’s sitting on my desk.  I’ve written him a couple drafts, haven’t gotten anything solid yet.  He asked me a question.  I’m just trying to figure out how to phrase stuff.  I’m using the butter knife to cut up the butter. Cause what else are butter knives for, right? (clicking)  There we go.  Getting the hang of this gas stove. (yawns)  Another yawn.

Let me think… We contacted a lot of people this week. Felt inspired to try some formers, sadly most of them weren’t home or didn’t live there any more, and the current people weren’t interested but they were nice, so that was good to see. (laughs)  It’s always really good to meet nice people.
On another note, it’s almost biking season.  I’ll have to see how much I can bike. I know that if I raise the seat up, I’ll be able to bike a bit.  Short distances.  No hills. Per doctors orders, and well, my experience.  Yeah.  Talked to Sister Wadsworth this week.  She pretty much told me that if I want to run the 5k, I’d need a doctor’s note approving that I am ok, and indeed can run the 5k.  And in that interview she pretty much told me “Let’s just make that a goal for your Post-Mission, to get you to that point where you can, because we don’t need a broken Elder Berrett sent home for surgery.”  I’m like, “Yeah, that’s a good point.  I trust you, and I also full-heartedly agree with that statement.  I enjoy serving my mission, and I think it would be best if I remained here.”  

Well the pan is ready, getting hot, butter melted, I think it’s time for the first pancake.  The batter’s still nice and lumpy.  Alright, first pancake down.  Putting a paper towel so it doesn’t make a big mess.  This is great!  Wow, really, really minimal cleanup actually.  Like, the only two extra things that I’ve got to clean are a measurer for the mix, since it’s a little more exact than “eyeball some batter and then pour in some water.”  And the container for melted butter.

(Talking to Companion) Looking for a knife?   A cutting board.  There’s a cutting board right here, I think it might be the only one.


I’m going to pause this recording for now.  Love you, and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment