Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Voice Recording 3/20 pt 2

Hey mom, I’m back. Umm, so funny story, a total Nick-ism, I was looking for measuring cups, the largest thing I found was 1/3 of a cup, and so I was starting to use that, but then the thought came to me, “well, some people I know, I remember back home we kept like measuring things in their containers of flour.”  So I went through their pantry, and I found this big container of flour, “Oh perfect!” and so I open it up, well, I tried to open it up, I…. thank goodness it was right close to the floor, but the lid kind of popped off and it flew out of my hand and landed on the floor and flour went everywhere.  All over my leg, my shirt, my suit pants, er not my suit pants but my blue slacks that match my suit jacket so that’s what I wear most of the time.  So, yeah, I think I’ll title this voice mail “Where’s the broom?”  I just tried to use the vacuum, and that didn’t work too well.  So now I just finished cleaning up the mess that made, and so now I’m sweeping up (conversation with companion) so, I’m sweeping it up right now. It was fun.  It was an adventure, and now I’m just going to have patience and measure out 6 cups of flour with a 1/3 cup measure.  And I can talk to you while doing it. Thank goodness not too much flour was wasted.  She’s probably going to wonder why there’s some flour in the trashcan. (whistling Praise to the Man)

Let’s see… Ok.  I’m going to do this now. (singing Praise to the Man) So I just had the idea that there’s measuring bowls with cups on it, and I’m just going to dump flour in it until it hits six cups, and then pour that in the mixing bowl.  A little more clean up, but a lot less time.  Where’s the 6 cup line on here first? Ok!  Alton Brown’s methods are smarter not harder, right?  Cause that’s kinda what I’m doing right now.  I know it needs to fairly be… please don’t be… that’s 7 cups.  Scoop some out. Oh! Can you hear me?  The thing was clear over here. I hope you could hear all that.  For the most part I like to think that I’m good at projecting, but when I don’t know that I’m supposed to project, that’s another story. (banging) Nope, now it’s down to 5 cups. One…two…three. (a lot of banging going on) What? 5 ½? I’m probably doing something horribly wrong, like they measure liquids or something.  (more banging)  We’ll see how these pancakes turn out.  I am really interested. 
Oh yeah, I’m covered in flour by the way.  Instead of Peeta, I’m “Berrett the pancake maker”.  I throw burnt pancakes out the door to people preparing for their hunger games.  Let’s see 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda.  I did find little measuring spoons though.  At least I know real quickly what I’m doing there.  “Do not purchase if box has been opened or shows signs of tampering. Open here.”  I feel like this is just kind of a, nah I’m just going to use my knife on this box, my knife is downstairs, I’m just gonna grab a knife and… take that perforated tab!  I just cut you open.  So what do you do after you open baking soda, are you just supposed to put it in like a box? A sealed box? Or is this fine?  Umm “Use a new box each month for fresher tasting food.”  Good to know.  So maybe you don’t? I’m just going to open the top, because there’s no way this little measuring thing will fit in that little tab. I know that little tab is great for when you stick it in, and it’s all, “oh look! It’s perfectly level and everything!” But, I don’t know.  I’m probably going about this all wrong.  But, Trial and Error! How else am I going to learn? For college.  And life.

What was I doing?  Salt! (whistling)  What’s this?  Mediteranean Sea Salt,  I don’t think that’s Kosher salt.  Morton Natural Sea Salt. For cooking and baking.  I’ll do it! Good enough.  How much? One tablespoon. Oh!  (whistling… coughing)  I just accidentally ate a chunk of salt! Ok, next step… The finger identification button thingy isn’t working because flour was on it.  Two tablespoons of sugar, there we go!  There’s a fun one. You can never have enough sugar in your life, right?  The sweeter the better.  Double that part of the recipe! 9 tablespoons!  No, I’m just kidding.  I’ve met enough people on my mission with diabetes.  Well, I say that and then I make pancakes every Monday.  Holy cow this is a lot of mix.  I’m looking at this right now, this is like the equivalent of just buying a thing of mix at the store.  I’m gonna need a Ziploc bag for this.  I think we have those.  Mixing this all up right now.  I’m almost done with the mix part,  I’m making the pancake mix.  So a little longer than my normal week.  Normally by the time I’m done making the second recording most of the pancakes are done. But hey! It’s gonna taste way better, right?  Plus it’s more fun, and now that I’ve made all this mix, this will last me a couple weeks.  And now I know where things are since the whole first recording was just trying to freaking find, and start it.  And I made that whole mix in just one recording.  How long has this been going? 12 minutes.  I think that’s good for now.  I’m going to begin the rest.  Figure out how to separate eggs? Gonna admit, I don’t know how to do that.  So, “eggs, separated” I’m just gonna email you and ask this.  Do I just use the egg whites, or all of the egg? Will you please help me with this?  Love you! Bye!  Sort of… almost… if I can stop this…

No comments:

Post a Comment