Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Voice Recording 3/13/17 pt 1

Good morning mom! It’s me! Elder Berrett! Yeah, so happy, happy pancake Monday! I’m actually making pancakes today.  I was going to try Alton Brown’s pancakes today, but as I was looking around I realized 1) I don’t have all of the ingredients, and I have a little bit of Krusteaz left that I just want to finish off and get rid of and I’m a little too lazy this morning. However, I’m going to buy stuff at Walmart this week and make it next week. 

Wow.  It’s been a really crazy week. Oh! Oh! That box has a hole in it.  Good to know. I’ve got flour on me.  Apparently my box of Krusteaz has a hole in it. And so does the bag in the box.  Better not be… nah, okay good.  Worried there for a moment.  I was like, “there better not be mice….” No. It’s not. In Boulder, we live with… you know, on second thought… I’m just gonna throw this away.  Better not risk it, right? In all honesty, there’s like a tiny, tiny bit left, like I can make a pancake. Maybe.  Good thing I have back-up mix.  In the house we stay in in Boulder, no more actually, just spent our last week there, the house over there has mice. So I’m a little cautious about some of the stuff whenever we go to Boulder.

Did my companion just get some stuff out of the car? I’ll be right back, I think he might have left the house. Bye! Hey I’m back! Ok yeah, he heard some birds and wanted to go play fetch with the dog. I can now see him and hear him. So, it’s alright.

What was I going to do?  Oh yeah, get my mixing bowl.  This week has definitely been a crazy week. Had transfers this week. If I said this the last transfer, and I’ll say it again, if I can go the rest of my life without seeing another suitcase, I will be happy.  You know, transfers in Wyoming were never that bad.  Maybe it’s just because everyone from Bozeman, Sheridan, I think even Missoula, no not Missoula, Kallispel, Butte, Great Falls, Great Falls East… I think there’s like 5 zones that all just kind of like converge.  Not to mention all the missionaries going to those zones come up in a big transfer van.  That all happens on Wednesday.  They have all the zone leaders here, and on Thursday we have all the new missionaries coming in, so all the zone leaders come back. And there’s more luggage and other things.  This time it was just four sisters. The weather was so bad, because we just had a giant ice storm pretty much, that President Wadsworth drove them up himself.

What even is this measuring thing?  There’s just like a measuring cup inside the mix here. And I don’t know, it doesn’t say what it is.  If I had to eyeball it, I’d say like a quarter of a cup.  Good thing I already know how much mix I need.  I can eyeball that.  I’ve been making it in the same container for several weeks now.  Hmmm. Pancakes sound good this morning.  We just had pancakes Wednesday with our bishop, one of his missionaries was previously in his ward here, was in town, because she’s serving in the Butte zone, in Dillon, and she was in a trio with one of our sisters until she got her missionary, so he fed us dinner Wednesday night, well really just to feed her, but since we’re his missionaries he invited us.  It was great.  He made super, well his wife made super, super good blueberry pancakes.  Oh, I must have eaten like 7 or 8 of them. Love those.  Anyways after that, I was like, “man, I need to try this Alton Brown recipe because I am sure it is way better than this stuff”. Because their pancakes were just so perfect.  And I’m like, “Alton Brown also makes things perfect.”  Whether or not I can duplicate it, that’s the question. 

Other than transfers this week has been really good, I promise.  It just kinda takes it out of me.  Just so many missionaries moving around. I definitely went to sleep exhausted that night, let me tell you. (whistling I Love To See The Temple)

No Butter? We’re out of Butter?  We have margarine.  I really don’t want to use that stuff. It just doesn’t taste right.  It’s a lot easier, but it just doesn’t taste right.  And I swear everyone here in Montana uses it. I never really met too many people in Wyoming, but up here in Helena, everyone uses it.  Yeah, no butter. I’d rather use cooking spray.  Do we have any of that? Yes! Pam.

Uh, let’s see what else has been going on this week? I thought of a list last night, I didn’t actually write it down, I thought of a list of stuff that I was going to talk to you about.   Ummm, clearly that worked out well. 

Pam doesn’t taste quite right either, but it tastes better than margarine in my opinion.  Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Oh speaking of that, (the obnoxious youtube-esque thing about the comments) how’s Christopher doing? Love that kid. Oh my goodness, he’s a hoot.

Oh!  Have you seen the new Restoration video? Oh my goodness.  We were in Boulder, visiting the Grovers. Love that family. 

Might be a little too watery, or there’s a great big clump of flour that I didn’t mix in.  There we go, that helps.  Oh, I forgot to actually turn on the stove.

Let’s see what else has happened, oh yeah, the new Restoration video. If you haven’t seen it, go to history.LDS.org.    Oh my goodness, super good.  Even that whole website, if you have time to just look at that website, oh man.  They go through the whole history, including like way before.  I mean there’s stuff in there that I’m like, “I didn’t even know that!” They include stuff from all nine accounts of the first vision.  Joseph Smith’s four I believe, or five, I can’t remember, well and then there’s four or five other accounts, of things that he had recounted to people. Like personally, and then they had went and written down. There’s nine accounts total.  And they pulled from all nine of these to make the most detailed video and account and it’s just, Wow.   The spirit is super strong in it. I love it. I love it.  We ate dinner with our bishop again last night.  Super great family.  I love them.  And his wife made the comment, “Yeah, it’s like when they came out with the new temple videos! It just looks so much better!!”  (laughs)

I’m tired.  I didn’t really get to go to bed until midnight last night. I don’t know why.  Like I was laying in bed, I was in bed by 10:00.  Just couldn’t sleep.  Personal study this morning was wonderful.  First Nephi is great. I was… What was I reading this morning? Yes!  First Nephi 3-5. Just kinda, I don’t know.  The differences between Laman and Lemuel are obviously sticking out to me.  One thing that stuck out to me was how we have to do things together.  And how we have to trust the Lord. You know there’s a reason the Lord sent all four of them because they all had to learn from each other.  Rather than just Nephi, even though Nephi was, yeah he totally could have done it by himself.  As we know he did. Sort of. And you know at the very end he ended up going into the city by himself, slaying Laban, and getting the plates.  Coming back with Zoram.  But, the Lord does not work that way.  The Lord puts us around other people that need strengthening, that we need to learn from, and they need to learn from us.  I don’t know, it’s amazing, the Lords plan for us.

Alright, how long is this recording? 13:40.  I’m sorry that this one has been a bit of a ramble. I’m probably going to send this one off.   Oooh, there we go, that was a nice flip.  I got my first pancake going, I have the mix all ready, just flipped it perfectly, I don’t know, I probably would have maybe made this side a little browner. But it was, I don’t know, I think it’s going to cook perfectly.  I’m excited to eat that pancake.  Elder Shumway just asked me how many pancakes I’m making, so I think I’m going to make a little more. 

But that’s that for this recording, I’m going to send this off.  I hope you’re having a good day, we’ve had a pretty great week, Oh, oh my goodness I just remembered something I was going to tell you, it’s a story, so I’ll have to go into it in my next recording.  But I hope you have a wonderful day.  Love you mom, Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment