Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Voice Recording Highlights - Jan 2 - part 4

Gooood morning!  Good morning! It’s great to stay up late. Good morning, good morning, to you!♪♫♪ (from singing in the rain)

I think I added some pauses, or forgot some there, but that was fun!  So good morning, it actually is this time.  In fact, it’s like 7:40.  I’m going to be in personal study in just a little bit.   Grab my shirt out of the dryer real quick.  Starting to see a routine here, and I just finished making my bagel and egg sandwich.  Cinnamon & Raisin bagel, oh yeah.  That’s how you know God loves you.

We actually have quite a lot of stuff planned for today, we’re going down to Cody, a YSA less active we’re working with, it’s actually one of our ward mission leaders daughters.  She just had a kid and we’re working on helping her to just see how the church would bless her life.  She definitely sees it, it’s just helping her to come back.  It’s always a struggle for those coming back.   Even if you know it, it’s hard.  They got stuff their working on.  Judgments… a lot a lot of fears especially.   And so, we’re starting to work with her more. Don’t know if she’ll be moving for a while.  Apparently it was a really scary birth.  Oh, apparently I’m missing a button on this shirt.   Good thing it’s at the very bottom.  Right where I tuck the pants in.  (I think he meant to say, ‘Right where I tuck it in my pants’)  I’ll have to sew it on later. 

Yeah, so we’re meeting up with her later today… we’ve got some tasks that we need to do… I don’t even remember.  This is why we have an Area Book.   So we can write down the calendar… so I won’t forget people and their names… so I can click on someone’s name, look at their history and go “Oh! That’s who that person is!” Oh yeah, it’s been a lifesaver.  I’m gonna have to have one for after my mission, a little book, at least like write down their name and like a sentence or two about them.  So I can glance at it and go “Ok, ok, I know who this person is. I can go on a date with this person.”
Umm, yeah, that about it.  I’m gonna eat my sandwich, and I want to let you all know that I love you to death!  Bye!

Hey, real quick, haven’t made it to personal study yet, but I just thought of a funny story that I just have to share.  I don’t know if I’m gonna remember to put it in my journal and this definitely one to keep for the books.

We found another mattress in our house, and my companion really, really liked the feel of it, so we decided to move it downstairs.  When we got to the point where, we had gotten it off the bed, and we were pushing it, and it was right at the stairs, the top of the stairs, and I’m like “Oooh! Elder, I got this! This is gonna be awesome.”  And he kinda rolls his eyes, and goes downstairs, and makes sure he’s out of the way, but can still watch the disaster that’s gonna happen.  And so I tilt the mattress up, and it’s a giant queen mattress,  and it’s not the most solid thing, like it is, but it still kinda bends a little bit.  And so I push it down the stairs.  So excited, and it’s like the most anti-climactic thing ever cause its weight slowed it down.  It just kind “rrrrrrrrrr”  (makes his version of the sound the mattress made)  It landed at the bottom and I’m looking at it “Now what can I do?”  In my companion’s words, he got a look at my face, and he could see this look.  And I’m like “Ohhhh!” And so I go down the stairs a little bit and he doesn’t say anything he’s just watching my stupidity at this moment  and I just jump!  And keep in mind, we haven’t necessarily placed the mattress down, it’s still up on its side.  I mean, it’s kinda folded like a little bit, cause it’s in this like narrow hallway/stairs, but uh…. Long story short, before I actually hit the mattress at the same time that my head hit this little ledge coming down, and I didn’t hit it too badly, like it was just barely, but it was enough that God taught me not to be stupid.   It kinda felt like a whack up side the head, and it wasn’t as fun as I thought it would be.  Thought I’d share.


I hope you have a wonderful day everyone.  Have fun at school,  I know you won’t get this until Monday, I hope you just have a wonderful time.   Anyways, I love you all! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment