Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Voice Recording Highlights - Jan 2 - Part 2

Howdy!  It’s Elder Berrett!  Oh, it was honestly really cool to see you all the other day.  It’s been amazing to see how much you’ve grown and changed and I can’t wait to see you back home.  As you are, how does the rap go? Um, (tries to rap the lyrics to some song) “Starting to become the man He knows you can become.” 

Have you heard the McGrath rap?  I wonder if that video is something that’s made its way to Arizona?  There was a missionary on our mission that made up this pretty sick restoration rap, and I was just curious.  I had a lot of less actives in Greybull contact me back when it came out, and they were like “Oh so I listened to this sick rap the other day and I just feel like I should come back to church.”  I’ll have to sing it for you guys sometime.   It’s probably the only rap that I will every actually listen to.  Yeah, that’s pretty fair to say. 

So, I’m going through my stocking right now that my companion’s mom gave to me.  And there’s these things called Cashew Roca, I don’t know, there’s like a bunch, I haven’t even opened any of them yet, and I think these are called Lindor?  They are little balls.  I think it’s chocolate.  I’m pretty pumped about it actually.   Oooh, oh there’s Cashew Roca, Dark Roca, Almond Roca… 

So my companion has been teaching me how to play face cards. Play WITH face cards. (conversation with companion – Elder Tucker is correcting his phrasing)   He’s been teaching me how to play card games with face cards.  How does that sound?  (directed to companion) Umm, he’s teaching me how to play… (Companion – “You’ve got to speak like a big boy now that you’re 20”) (Nick in what he thinks is a gruff, grown up voice )– I’ve got to speak like a BIG BOY now that I’m 20!

(Elder Tucker points out a Nerd candy on the ground) I’ve come to the conclusion that my companion thinks it’s funny that I think it was a Nerd that broke the screen glass (on his ipad – that he dropped while skyping with us on Christmas).  Because just looking at the case, there is no way that just landing straight on it’s face, the glass would have shattered, except that something were to stick up and hit it, and there were some nerds on the ground.  My companion is raising his hand.  “I have the Elder Berrett Theory”  What’s the Elder Berrett Theory? “That you will manage to find a way.”  I manage to find a way.  That is the Elder Berrett Theory. 

My companion is imitating me.  Update on Almond Roca,  on like the treat scale, I’d probably give it like a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10.  

So I recently discovered poppy seed dressing for salads.  Like if you’re going to have a salad, poppy seed is the way to go. Ohhh, that’s how you know God loves you.  That and ice-cream.

Things went pretty good today.  Actually we had a lot of things fall through funny enough, but it ended up being a pretty dang good day. 

Today is Friday the 29th.  It is 9:40 PM.  If you can hear that, that is my sink.  It has decided to gurgle.

Oh, my goodness,  let me tell you, I have discovered one amazing joy on my mission, and it is a washing machine, no washing machines are great too, but it is dishwashers.  Holy Cow.  Those save lives.  I am convinced that many marriages and many lives have been saved because of dishwashers.   I sure do know that many companionships have.  Like, oh my goodness, I’ve never had a dishwasher before on my mission, and this thing it’s just… it’s amazing.   We don’t even buy the soap or the pods for it, the member here just has them.   If you go on a mission, IF you live at a members house, it’s gonna be like the best place you ever live in, honestly.  Members are just so wonderful.

Oh!  That’s right!  I bought Wheat Thins the other day.  I splurged.  (singing what I think is a made up song) ♪♫Wheat Thins, the only wheat that will make you thin♪♫

So funny story, we have this little bowl-tin-like thingy it’s made of porcelain?   I don’t know.  Anyways, we put our butter in it, and that’s what we use to scoop out our butter, and we just leave that out on the counter.  It’s our butter dish.  That’s the word I was looking for! Except it’s completely round it’s not like it’s… anyways, right next to it is a much smaller version of it and there’s also something in it that looks like it could potentially be butter, which I have almost accidentally used.  Thankfully sister Jeide told me as I was about to put it on toast, that it’s not butter, it’s Borax.  Like holy crap that could have, that would have been a fun call to poison control right there.   When was the last time you heard of a sensible person eating Borax?

I hope you guys like these audio files.  I know mom said she did, but I think they are kind of a little more random to me.  However, I’m starting to warm up to them a little more.  Kinda, talking.  I like it.  It will be like - Day 13… My companion still hasn’t realized that, uh, I don’t know what he wouldn’t realize, that I’m using a different pencil to mark my scriptures?

Oh I was so sad, I don’t know who I was talking to earlier, but I totally lost, well I didn’t actually lose, I just forgot to get it again today, I had a Book of Mormon that I was writing all my markings in, it’s sitting in the family history center, at the church, cause we were filling out some reports yesterday, and I left it in there.  So tomorrow will be my second personal study without it.  Which is fine, because I have the wonderful quad I brought on my mission that I’ve been marking up, but it’s like the smaller one that I’ve been feeling inspired to just mark up the character of Christ.  It’s pretty cool, but it’s just like… I wish I had it.  It would be nice.

Oh, also,  I don’t know if you ever find a good recipe for it, but I have seriously never found a use for coconut oil, and like everyone has it out here.  There’s these giant Costco sized things of coconut oil.  It’s just big around here, don’t ask me why.  But they’re like “Oh it’s so much healthier and better!”  And I’m like, “Yeah, but it tastes like crap.”

Anyways, random rant by me.

Yeah, that’s all I have to say right now, and I really need to get going.

Love you everyone, hope you have a wonderful day!  Bye! 


No comments:

Post a Comment