Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16 - email conversations

Another email conversation. 

Hey there!  So… what kept you so busy last pday that I never heard from you again?  ( Where's the group letter?  Pictures?  Voice recordings?) I did get some fun extra stuff from other people this week.  Two different people sent me pictures via text last night,  who were those cute little laughing girls that you and elder Tucker were reading stories to?  Cutest picture ever.  Also I thanked sis Waite for taking care of you on Christmas eve, and quoted part of your letter where you were going on about eating a really good cake. (Hers I assumed.) 

Good Morning! And sorry about last week. It was just lots of driving. We drove a ton so sadly can't email and drive. Looking back I totally could have recorded my voice at least while driving or something. 


Those two girls are Talena's daughters! They are so freakin awesome! I am so thankful to be able to teach them and help them come closer to Christ.  It was really funny though because Talena's oldest, Brooke, (shes 9) said that maybe someday shell be Mrs. Berrett and then started to hit on me. Super funny! And sister Waite is super awesome! So thankful for her! 

At church I am a primary teacher, and I struggle to love it.  I don’t exude the joy that you do, I seriously sit in singing time thinking “I should be more like Nick”. Anyways,  I’ve been the teacher for this particular class like 3 weeks now.  They’re fairly hard, and my partner quit.   Anyways, there’s this one little boy who is rather difficult.  He’s super active, not very interested in being there or participating or anything, but he seems like a sweet kid.  I really like his parents.  His dad helped us move in and has offered his service on a couple of occasions.  I think I may need to take him up on something soon as half my electrical outlets in the kitchen suddenly stopped working.  I think this house has electrical issues.  Grandpa has fixed a couple of them, but then other things stopped working.    Anyways, I just try and think of you when he’s being “active”.  You were that kid once who had teachers like bro Mask have patience and love for you even when you needed to go for walks because staying in class was just too much.  I’m still like “Johnny*! Your chair is not a car!  Do you need to come sit next to me?”  However, his parents are like “He really likes you, he actually wants to come to primary.  That’s a first.”

And Oh my goodness, being a primary teacher sounds fun, super hard, but really fun. But honestly singing time is amazing! 

Also sorry about the house probs, I keep you guys in my prayers all the time but I'll start praying specifically for that. :) 

How are things?  How’s your knee?  How’s your cough?  Feeling any better?  How are your investigators? Teaching anyone promising? Been to Greybull lately? 

And I'm doing very well things here have been going great! My knee is doing pretty good right now :) and we actually just lost a couple of investigators the other day due to a series of random events. However Talena is now rapidly progressing thanks to her daughter! Its seriously so wonderful and amazing to be able to see this!

 And no we haven't been to Greybull in a little bit, however we are planning on having a zone prep day there next Monday

I love you mom! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment