Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, January 23, 2017

email conversations Jan 23

Sooo…. transfer week…. any news?  Any other news?  What do you think of the schedule changes?

Good Morning mom!

Yes, I'm actually getting transferred. I'm sadly leaving Powell to go be a zone leader in Helena. 
#Goingbacktothebigcity
#literallyanareawithmorethanonestoplightstressesmeout
#thisistotallythelordhelpingmetogetadjustedbeforeigohome
My companions name is Elder Shumway. He was actually trained by Elder Ison, so that will be pretty cool to be with him. I've heard he's a really good hard working Elder. In all reality I'm going to a great place I just need to get over myself. 

And seriously though, we just put Talena and her daughter on date, we just found A BUNCH of new investigators, including a new family, ya. I'm just sad to be leaving. The nice thing about being on a mission is that I KNOW that this is the lords plan for me. I do know that I am needed in Helena and that I will be able to grow and help lots of God's children there, it'll be great :)

Other than that….Literally not much else.  Zach is actually teching for the school play – it’s the performance troupe production, and they need some stage hands. “I NEED tech black!!!”  Maddie finally consented to help.  She wanted to direct/Stage manage, but Dr K said no, because she felt like she had her plate full already and  she said she wanted younger kids to learn to do these things, but I guess she ended up becoming ASM.  The play is this weekend.  Also this Saturday she is auditioning at CAAF – singing a musical duet with this other kid.  It’s a song from Shrek – The Musical.  She’s sure she’s going to stink it up, but they look pretty cute practicing in our living room.  

Hahaha I remember tech black. Did you know (you probably do, you know all) that I never really wore tech black. :) I never bought anything, nor got around to do doing it. Stahl always chastised me for it and looking back I totally feel bad, since there is a purpose for it. I don't know why I just ranted about that, but ya. 

I finally saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them.  I haven’t been to a movie in ages (still haven’t even seen the new Star Wars).  But I had to go.  There were only a couple theaters even left showing it, so I went to like a 10:30 pm showing on a Wednesday night.  Got to bed at 1 in the morning.  So worth it though.  Good news though, JK Rowling says it’s gonna be a trilogy, so that’s awesome.   The DVD should come out right about the time you get home I think J

I apologize, I shouldn’t be encouraging any kind of trunkiness on your part.  Sorry.  Finish strong!  Leave it all out there on the playing field! Babylon will wait!  You ONLY GET like 30 more weeks!!! Is that better?

Zach wants to know if you got the pajamas and what you think of them J do they fit?  Or are they as ridiculous on you as they are on most of us?  (Team Hufflepuff!)

I think that’s all… for now…

Have a fantastic day!!  I love you!! 

I've been pretty excited for that movie, I've heard it's really good :) And don't worry, I really don't think I'm getting nor will be trunky. While yes home and things are on my mind, the Lord has really blessed me with the ability to not let it interfere with the work. Almost like I can sort of put it out of my mind while I do missionary work. And while I do think about fun stuff during the day or at night, it's not distracting. I don't know how to describe it other than that though. It's just been a huge blessing from the Lord I know that :)

And seriously! I only get 5 more transfers! 7 months does sound a little nice and longer, but holy cow. It's been flying by! 

And yes I did get my pajamas and they fit great actually! Team Hufflepuff for the win!

Love you mom!

Never give up, Never surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment