Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, January 9, 2017

In which we talk about the weather...

Nick didn't send a group email this week, or a voice recording, so this is just the best bits from a bit of an email exchange during the morning.  I'm in italics, as usual. 

Bet you're glad you have those hand warmers now;)

You bet I'm glad :)

Did you know that people like to tell me the weather in Montana/Wyoming?  “The news said that it’s negative 17 but with the windchill factor it’s negative 4,589 degrees."   So this is why your mother obsessively sends you hand warmers.  Because it’s the easiest and best way I can figure out how to send you a little bit of the Arizona sunshine.  Sunshine that you can stick it in your pocket.   Feel free to share with other missionaries, but I just need to know that you are staying warm.

Hahaha just be pretty similar to everyone asking me if I wish I was back home in the heat now or the "oh I'm so sorry" or "hahaha and this isn't even a real winter!" Yes. I'm very aware that Wyoming had winters much worse than this, however it hasn't been that bad in over 30 years, so please lets all stop pretending to be shocked at the "super mild winter" when it's been this way for so long. :/ 

Sorry for the rant. I wonder if this is how missionaries in Arizona feel when everyone talks to them about the heat. 

Actually funny story that I feel a little bad about. A little bit ago we were sitting in a members house and the dad was going on about how mild the winter was, really just trying to go for the shock factor and see how shocked I'd be. Now I want you to know I honestly love these guys, but I was getting really tired of it all so when they asked me how hit it hot back home basically just told them every horror story I could remember. From airplane tires melting at Sky Harbor to sports in the summer, to people being convinced that this was it, this was the summer that was never going to end. Long story short, I don't think that family will ever move to Arizona
#Toughinourownway 
#totallyfeelbadaboutitlookingback
#Mycompaniontaughtmehowtohashtagcorrectly



No comments:

Post a Comment