Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Voice recording highlights Dec 26 - part 2

Well, hi again mom! Uh,  So I’m actually going on an exchange to Greybull today, and apparently I need to pack a bag or something.   So I figured while I’m sitting here packing I would just leave you another voice memo, since this is actually really easy to just record and then send it off.  Too bad I am losing this tablet in like a week.   Maybe I will find a way to see if the ipad will do it.  No, I think I’ll just probably keep using the voice recorder that I got, and then figure out a way to actually find a way to remember to send them off to you.

Anyways, things here are again going good.  We just had the Cody elders come over randomly.  They want to head over to Lovell with us.  Oh, I swear those guys… They’re gonna be the death of me.  They’re the kind of people that are I guess just obedient enough.  Which, to be fair, is fine, I know we all have things we’re working on, and I respect that.  It’s just… it’s hard when you see people that just don’t want to get any better. If that makes any sense?

Let’s see… What tie do I want?  I really liked a lot of the ties I got yesterday.    I’m gonna admit that ties are starting to grow on me.  Like I think I’m most likely gonna go back to bow-ties with like the occasional tie, but… Let’s see, I’m thinking elder Hendricks and oooh, where’s my elder Hatch tie? Elder Hatch gave me this nice purple one.  Yup.  Elder Hendricks and Elder Hatch!  I’m wearing them!

But yeah, I’m trying to think if there’s any questions you asked that I didn’t get to answer.  Having a one way conversation is a lot harder than having like, a two way.

(Starts whistling Star Wars) Nope!  Can’t whistle that one.  Oh my goodness it was so bad we were playing some games with one of the families we were visiting for Christmas last night, the Lee’s.  Oh, I love the Lee’s so much. They’re just hoots.  They’ve got like four younger kids,  I think the oldest might be like 12.  Eleven or Twelve.  And oh, they crack me up.  Those kids I swear will do anything for laughs.  We were playing cards with them, and it was so bad, I was just whistling anything and everything.  

I need to run to the other basement to get some clothes.  Say hi Elder Tucker!  “Hello!”  That’s Elder Tucker.  I don’t think you got to see him.  You’ve seen pictures, but… To the other basement!  Our house is very long with like two basements.  The other basement is where we have the washer and dryer.  Got to love kneeling, right?   Uno shirt-o, because I can totally speak Spanish-o.  Two.  This is another bad habit I’ve gotten into, of like leaving clothes in the dryer, because no one uses it.  It’s bad.  Ugh.  One of the other missionaries coming here says he needs to do laundry, so that means I need to get everything cleaned up down here. 

Umm I probably want these, I theoretically want those, and there’s a slight probability I want some socks too.  Oh! No!  That’s right!  I have all those wonderful new pairs of socks to put on!

Let me think… I don’t know if I’ve told you much about Powell.  Powell is a small town.  We’ve got a, well, it’s bigger, we’ve got a McDonalds here.  

Sister Jeide’s house is so big.  It’s so big that I was convinced that it was a duplex, that they just kind of bought and tore down the wall and made it into one house.  But no, apparently it was legitimately built  this way,  like two basements, proportionately equal on both sides… like it totally looks like it would be a duplex.  You could almost see where the wall would be, but no, it was never a duplex. 

Ow! That’s a bed.

I’m gonna put my stuff in a bag, and then I’ll resume.

(singing parts of “Joy to the World”, “I hope they call me on a mission”)


Uhhhh. The only thing coming next is the rap lyrics from “Popcorn Popping”.  I don’t even know what that album is, I’m fairly certain it’s something from one of those movies like “The RM” or something.  It’s a bunch of primary songs all ‘popped up’.  It’s hilarious. 

Anyways, I think this recording is reaching it’s max. So I’m probably gonna send this off.  Sorry that it was kind of a lot of nothing.  I hope you got something out of it?  I don’t know.

Love you mom!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment