Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Letter from Nick

The Best and the only Berrett Family,
Real quick, sorry that this letter is totally going to be late, I am literally writing this letter Dec 21st J  Love you guys!

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I literally don’t know what to say!  I guess let’s consider this letter the rough draft for SundayJ
You know, I’ve been thinking about you guys a lot.  Definitely in a good way, not like I’m getting all sad, but you know, I definitely can’t wait to see you guys!  Dang, I literally get to see you guys in a couple of days!  I’m So Excited! Members have been asking if we are excited to skype home a lot lately.  Some have even been volunteering their homes.  However, I think I’ll settle for the Jeide’s house.  When else can I literally skype you guys from the comfort of my bed or a couch!  (Except he can’t sit still when talking and tends to pace around the house, there was no sitting for him at any time during the skype call, and even dropped and cracked the screen to his ipad during our call. ) You are going to be recording it however so I probably shouldn’t wear my pj’s……..:)  (We didn’t end up recording it after all.  I didn’t know how.)

So we just had a pretty cool experience about an hour ago.  We had about 20 min left before we need to be inside and I ended up feeling prompted to stop by a family’s house and sing them a Christmas song.  While my poor companion wasn’t too thrilled with the idea of singing, it was wonderful!  We sang them O Holy Night.  Turns out they will be having a pretty stressful day tomorrow.  The dad might lose his job.  Long story short, they needed it.

Being on a mission has been so wonderful!  I honestly can say that I truly feel I can recognize the spirit way easier!  I really do feel as if I’m constantly being led by the spirit (as long as I’m willing to listen) and it feels wonderful!  I’ve literally grown from someone afraid to give blessings to having no fear.  Remind me sometime when I’m home to tell you about an amazing blessing I gave back in Basin.  But it’s been insane how much the Lord has helped me to grow.  While I still, and probably always will, forget things left and right, I do feel as if I’ve grown. 

Random side note:  What are your favorite hymns?  Mine has definitely come to be either “I Know That My Redeemer Lives”  or “A Child’s Prayer.” I sing that last one all the time, especially when I’m having a bad day or something like that.

Have I ever told you that the Jeide’s love Star Wars?  Like LOVE it. It’s everywhere in the house from mugs to giant Darth Vaders and Yodas to their dog named Jedi to remote controlled BB-8 droids running around!  Sorry another random side note.

Back to the real reason I’m writing this letter, it’s the Christmas Season.  With Christmas just a few short days away, I wanted to let you guys truly know that I love you all! I think about you guys and pray for you every night!  And sorry, but I just saw the time … 10:17.  I don’t have too much time left, but I also want you all to know that I Do have a testimony of Jesus Christ.  As a set apart representative of his church, I really do not feel like I can bear testimony of him enough.  Madison, Zach, Christopher, Mom, Dad, I know that he Lives.  I know that he died for us.  I know that by serving him and by learning about him, I have really been able to come much closer to him.  I know that he loves us and knows us.  Before I came on my mission I used to think that every time I made a mistake, I added to his misery.  But upon coming out here and learning more about Him, I know it’s not like that.  I was thinking too literally.  To quote Matt Smith “It’s more like a big ball of wibbley wobbley timey wimey stuff”.  He already suffered for Everything.  And I know that he overcame it all!  I know that through him we will gain salvation and live together as a family literally as long as we keep trying!  And that I say in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you guys, Merry Christmas!
-Elder Nicholas Berrett

PS – so it’s now the morning and I actually do feel a little bad about quoting Doctor Who in the middle of my testimony.  While I do feel the thought explains it well J  At least in my head. 
Anyways, I love you All!

Never Give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment