Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Voice recording highlights Dec 26 - part 1

Hey mom, it’s me, Elder Berrett!  Just trying out this voice responder, I don’t even know if you’ll appreciate it.  You probably will hearing my voice but I don’t even think you can listen to it at work. But I’m going to send this off so I can be like, “Hey! You can hear my voice!  I love you!” 


Ummm…. (♫♪sings ‘Joy to the World’♪♫♪ )

Yeah, honestly this week has been really, really good.  We’ve gotten to see quite a lot of people.  I was actually surprised at the amount of lessons we were able to have this week. Because of Christmas and in small towns people leave to go visit their families elsewhere.  But it was really good, we not only had a wonderful Christmas, but we got to see a lot of Christmas miracles. And in all reality I think that was one of my favorite parts- seeing people make changes to their lives, or really the Lord forcing them like he does.  I don’t want to say “forcing” but like he…  there’s this one family we are teaching, but they didn’t want to get married because their disability checks would go down, they said a lot of loopholes in the government would close if they got married, but then like their 15 year old son ended up getting a girl pregnant and then they just moved in together into the girl’s mom’s house down in Southern Wyoming, ummm and there was a couple days where they didn’t have their other kids and it was just like, the Lord, I feel like really, getting them to see what he wants them to do, and they’ve been humbled. Really humbled, and now suddenly they’re willing to get married, they came to church, and we gave them a super powerful blessing.  So, it will be exciting to see how that goes from here.

Uh, things have been going really well. We just finished shoveling the whole freaking house. (laughs) Apparently it’s a rule here that all your sidewalks have to be shoveled.  I’m pretty sure that’s a rule everywhere, but I don’t know. Like, I’ve always had to do that on my mission, I don’t know why I just said “here” but the postal service half-like threatened to not deliver our mail if we didn’t shovel the side door that we never use, but for some reason they are convinced that that’s our front door.  So we just shoveled everything today.

But yeah, that’s about it for me right now.   We were planning on having a big zone preparation in Greybull but a lot of the areas here got a foot last night, so we’re thinking of not doing that.  We’re thinking of just heading up to Lovell and meeting up with some elders there.  My companion really wants to play basketball with some of them.  So we’ll see how that goes!  Lovell has the world’s second biggest church building.  It’s huge.  Their gym is in a whole separate building.  It’s this complex.  It’s insane.  The parking lot is massive.  So we’re going there today.  Got a district meeting this Wednesday and zone conference next Wednesday, actually President Wadsworth is coming down for that.  Again that’s just our zone. (laughs)  Gotta love being isolated in Wyoming where it’s 2 hours to Billings and the other closest zone is on the other side of a big pass through the mountains which is covered up in snow, so it’s blocked off. 

Ooop! Ah! Umm.  Bat.  Almost broke a lamp.  It just flew out of my hand, at least it only hit the bed.

Love you guys so much! I hope again that you have a wonderful day.  Bye!

(mutters to self)  If I can figure out how to turn this off…


No comments:

Post a Comment