Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bible study at the prison half-way house

Good Afternoon everyone! 
How are you doing? 
This week was so absolutely fantastic! 
One of the great things about this last week was that we were finally able to find some new people to teach! My companion and I were at the pre-release (prison half-way house) trying to contact a less active, well after he ditched us we talked to some guys having a bible study and they totally invited us to come and teach them! It was amazing! While we obviously can't put them on date, they are total boss investigators! It's been really super nice to get to teach real lessons. It's been a while since we have been able to have a real lesson like that. 

Also this week has been interesting because we have been coordinating with the other elders because elder Wessendorf is leaving and it's crazy to coordinate the schedule of two areas. I am so thankful for the time that I've gotten to spend with him. He really has taught me a lot. :) 

Other than that , honestly not too much has happened. Sorry love you all! 
Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett 

Some responses to an email I sent him.  My comments, explanations, etc are italicized as usual.

LONG TIME NO SEE :) (We just got to talk to him via skype the day before.)

It was amazing to see you yesterday! And ya. Second Ward, the other Ward, is kind of notorious for using devices and taking up all the wifi in sacrament meeting and the other hours. (We kept losing the connection, and had to call each other back at least a dozen times due to the less-than-optimal wifi in the church building ) Normally during that time we have Ward council and usually if the computer is being slow or something the executive secretary will yell out "Dang Second Ward!" :) 

Don't worry, it's only 7 months. :) (Until we get to skype with him at Christmas) besides I'm already 1/3 through my mission :/ it's crazy. I'm rushing to accept it! It just can't be! Also apparently the First Presidency has been denying a ton of people extensions. My companion just got denied. They basically want people to serve 2 years, then get on with their lives and do other things. At least that's the gist of what president said. 


Oh my. That is such a good song. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. :) It's, as the Great Flo says "Glorious".  (I told him that someone posted a video of the song "Entreat Me Not to Leave You" from his last choir concert. And it was beautiful, and it made me cry, partly because it was so beautiful and partly because I was missing Nick, and I could pick him out of the group even though you totally couldn't make out faces, and I swear I could even pick out his voice. And coincidentally, he sent me a voice recording that he recorded Sunday night, which I am working on transcribing, where he mentioned that exact song.)

Awesome! I love the temple so much, it's just amazing. Seriously I've only been once on my mission and I just can't wait to go again. The rule is once every other transfer I found out, unless you have a special reason to go. I hope I get transferred to Billings so I can go. :) 

Haha I actually was pretty surprised. (I mentioned he seemed a little surprised that Maddie was so sassy. She can be quite the spit fire.  I think her red hair suits her.) I also remembered that she was sassy but dang. Either my memory sucks (which it does) or she's gotten a TON (literal sense of the word) sassier. 

And ya. Being in an area for a while, you kinda accumulate things. I'll try packing and see, but I might need to send home some things. :) 

(A sister missionary wrote me from Nick's mission, and asked for advice on cooking easy and affordable meals since Nick was so good at it, so I asked him for advice to send her since I'm not the missionary in Montana. )  I feel like I used to be good, But then with my current companion, he convinced me to break my rule of "no ramen". It's been bad. I really need to get back in the habit of making food again. As far as ideas go. I love soup. While it is getting to be summer, the great thing about Montana is that it can be 80 degrees summer one day (Yesterday) and 30 degrees blizzard the next (right now.) So soup is always an option. While you might want a slow cooker, it's like $20 at Walmart or you could find a really nice member. You can ask around and see if anyone has extra meat from huntin' season. I can't tell you how many wild game burgers I've made recently. :) Really good stuff. I'm thinking of making some stroganoff sometime. But ya. That and pasta. Also ask members around you. Also sandwiches. Lots of sandwiches :) but that's all I've got. 

Love you mom! Oh and totally forgot my brace back home. And I'm about to go play basketball. Ya. Last time I promise! Well at least this week. Preach my gospel talks about setting REASONABLE goals and I think that's a good one. One week. Starting tomorrow. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment