Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Low: - 26

Gooood morning everyone!

How are you all doing this week? I'm personally doing pretty dang Fantastic :)

So this week in Butte we unfortunately weren't able to teach too many lessons (most of them all canceled) but however we were able to find a new less active, who even showed up to church! It was so cool! So while we didn't teach too many lessons, we did have a really service filled week. :) One of the fun things that we are doing is there is this awesome investigator named Allison that the sisters are teaching in another Ward who is going through a really hard time. However she is really working as hard as she can to get back on her feet. One of the things that we are doing for her is helping her to remodel her house (basically a ton of construction work) so that she and her son can live up stairs while she has a day care down stairs. While normally I would be overwhelmed about undertaking a huge project like this, I am so glad that I have had insanely awesome teachers in my life who have helped to teach me skills that I need. ( like Mr. Ginger beard :)) (ps. Stahl, measuring twice THEN cutting really is a thing!  I can't even begin to tell you how much wood that has saved us all as I make sure that everyone is double checking their measurements.)

Another cool thing that we have been doing is helping out at the Food bank and shelter. Those are both wonderful places to serve and it's so wonderful to see people who are honestly struggling get the much needed help. :) there is nothing quite like the joy that comes from serving others (except possibly missionary work) and I have been so thankful for the opportunities that I have had this week to do just that :)

Another big part of this week has obviously been Thanksgiving! While we did actually have 6 dinners and a breakfast scheduled, most of them were just snacks and getting to know the members/doing service for them. Also this week I had the most terrifying experience of driving in snow. While I am extremely grateful to have the opportunity to have a car in this area, because I know that there are missionaries who don't, it's terrifying driving buttes 19% grade uptown. I am so thankful for members who have offered to give us rides in trucks (since we have a small two wheel drive Corolla) and who have given us tips on driving on ice.

High for this week: Pie, so much glorious pie :) :) :) And also getting to meet the two new missionaries in our district :) it is so much fun to see these brand new missionaries figuring out themselves and realizing awesomeness of the work that we are doing :)

Low: -26 Thank goodness for layers and thermals. :) while I actually managed to stay quite warm it still has its moments :)

I love you all and hope that you all have a most wonderful week!

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

Excerpts from a letter to Madison - 

Hola!  Ich am spitze!  Und du?  (Spanish & German for "Hello!  I am good! And you?")

Sorry I haven't been very good at replying to your emails... I always read them and then get all excited and try to send you a giant email, but then my companion reminds me that I have to write to the Mission President first, which takes at least an hour, then the day gets crazy.  Sorry it has to be like this, but it looks like I'll just try to shoot over a quick reply every week, then just write you an amazing (handwritten) letter.  

Let's see, what else... Oh! can you believe that you are almost 16?? That's so crazy.  I have a sister who's almost 16!   (Then again, you have a brother who's almost 19...)  Sooo, concerning dating I have reached a conclusion, I shall grant you my permission to go on dates AS LONG AS they are all group dates.  I realized that this is completely ok after hearing several horror stories from several sisters in my mission.  

May the Force be with you always, (By the way, did you hear about my Darth Vader Goblet? :)  It's so cool! )

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett



No comments:

Post a Comment