Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, December 7, 2015

I sense a great hunger in you

Brothers and sisters, this week was amazing!

But real quick before I start, I need to correct something I said in my last email, apparently I was completely wrong about it being a "slow week" lesson wise. As my companion was reading my email he told me that not only did we have a good amount of lessons that week, but that we had hit our all time record of lessons for the area. :/ granted, most of them were lessons with members, however we had quite a few less active lessons as well. I have realized that this is one of the very reasons as to why I Journal and keep a note book with me at all times. Apparently I'm forgetful or something. ;)

So to start off this week, I would like to talk about one of the greatest lessons ever. There is a less active that we ran into a week ago, sorry I can't remember if I have already talked about him, who's name is Benjamin. We met him while serving a Thanksgiving meal at the local Shelter. Apparently he has been less active for a while but when he saw us he ran up to us and asked us how he could get back into the church and told us how much he missed it. While we unfortunately didn't have too much time to teach him a lesson we told him where the church was, what time it started, and if he needed any help to let us know. At first we were worried that next Sunday that he wouldn't show up but he did! He stayed all three hours and loved it! And afterwards he even made an appointment to go and see the bishop! The coolest part of this story however is what happened at our lesson this last Thursday. Fist of all, I felt so terrible during it because I had a feeling that I should bring more than one Pamphlet and several copies of the Book of Mormon but didn't! When we showed up at the shelter to teach him, he had apparently invited a ton of his friends to come and listen to us! The coolest part however, was that throughout the lesson he was constantly inviting more people to sit down and listen to us also throughout the lesson he constantly apologized about stopping us and bore his testimony! It was so amazing! Not only was the spirit really strong, but it was an amazing experience to listen to him bear his testimony on how much this gospel and Jesus Christ and his Atonement have done to help him :) Another cool thing was that at the end of the lesson a bunch of the people asked us to come back because they felt something different listening to us :) I absolutely love it!

Ok. So high this week: gosh there were so many, while it was definitely probably that lesson, there was also the new Christmas videos that the church put out that just Testify of Christ so beautifully :) (For those of you who haven't seen it it's really awesome and both videos are found at www.Christmas.mormon.org or at your local missionary :)) The first awesome video is of children quoting scripture and testifying of Jesus Christ, and the second is about the Importance of Jesus Christ and what this world would be like without him. While it's not as spiritual, another high would probably be the Star Wars poster that we found in a box of Mac and cheese and our new mugs :) we have had too much fun :)

The Low for this week was probably accidentally helping a sister to cry. I say helping because apparently she was already having a rough time and was apparently at the edge all week. She just came out and has been pretty stressed :/ While all we did was give her her (by the way, I hate how that's a thing in English) first district meeting assignment, it was still awful.

Other than that however this week has been fantastic, while our few investigators are still struggling, (we are probably going to have to drop one :/) our less actives are all doing amazing! It's such a wonderful thing to be able to see the Gospel and The Atonement help people and change their lives. I absolutely love this Gospel and am so thankful that I have the truly awesome opportunity to help others :) I hope that you all have a great week and I hope that you are all feeling the amazing Christmas spirit that is always present this time of year!

(When I asked about the weather and his seemingly lack of appropriate clothing)

Haha it's not too bad out as long as you limit your exposure to just a min. Or two. I'm told it's supposed to get worse, but it's actually been really nice, that jacket that dad gave me has actually been about all I need as long as I'm wearing thermals. :) 

(After I told him about a dream I had that left me all sorts of conflicted because in my dream he was home, but I knew he shouldn't be.  So I was happy to see him, but worried about why he was home.)

I had a dream where my companion and I showed up to a Halloween party at our house, except I forgot to shave, and wear a costume (Elder Wessendorf was Darth Vader) so I just told everyone that I was dressed up like a disobedient missionary :)

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment