Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, November 23, 2015

A long time ago, In a mission far, far away...

Good Morning Everyone!

I sincerely hope that you are all having a wonderful day and that you will all have a great Thanksgiving week! So apparently I have 6 dinners on Thursday :) it's going to be insane! 

So for those of you wondering, this week is Transfer Week! I just got the notice that I'm being transferred to the Nashville, Tennessee mission! Actually though I get to stay in Butte, WITH elder Wessendorf! It's Fantastic! He is such an amazing companion and I can't wait to continue working with him :) Plus this area has progressed way too much for me to leave. :)

So guess what everyone, I'm done training! My path to the dark side is now complete :) In honor of this great moment I now have both a Darth Vader mug, and a Light saber tooth brush :)

I'm now a fully trained real Mishamary! It's really awesome :) Only problem is that now I'm even more likely to train new missionaries now. Every transfer will bring the fear of the possibility of training. I'm honestly torn about that, I really want to train a new missionary, it would be so much fun, but I would be so stressed out about it. "Wait, I'm now responsible for teaching a new missionary everything that he needs to know!? Seriously?" But ya. That's all I have to say bout' that. 

Let's see, high and low of the week

High: that's hard, I get to stay in Butte with Elder Wessendorf!



Also I made a Snow angel! (See picture below)

Low: This week was a really slow week, all of our less actives/Investigators canceled on us this week, also Linda (the new member who was baptized a couple weeks ago) is now really struggling with a few things. Thankfully she is really turning to the Church and most importantly to the Lord for everything so there are no worries with her going less active it's just sad to see her struggle. :/

Another cool thing about this week is that we got a new less active!

We were walking in uptown by the prison's Pre-release center and this guy just came running up to us asking if we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Upon looking at our tags, and hearing our response he quickly told us that he has gotten into some trouble in the past and now really wants to come back to the church! He's so amazing! His first name is Edward, so he is basically the only person that we are working with that is progressing, however he is an awesome person! Love that guy to death!

The thought for this week comes from the Story of the Ten Lepers. This week in Elders quorum we were discussing why the other nine possibly didn't come back to thank and praise the man, Jesus Christ, who had just healed them of this terrible disease. One of the Elder brought up the point that he was positive that they had all justified not going immediately back with some reason in their heads. Perhaps they felt like they needed to hurry and go visit loved ones first, or perhaps they didn't even see it as a blessing since like them, Christ was a Jew and maybe they felt like they deserved it. What ever the reason, they all still justified not coming back. In our lives just about every sin that we make has a justification behind it, even if it's "I'll only do it once". One thing that I've been trying to do this week, besides trying to notice and thank Heavenly Father for every blessing in my life, is to pay attention to all of my usual Justifications and see what I can do to change.


I love you all! Stay strong and remember "Life's always better behind a smile!"

1 comment:

  1. Our boy appears to be doing well. I agree that snow Angle looks a tad cold, especially for an Arizona boy..

    ReplyDelete