Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Baptism of Linda

Good morning everyone!

I hope that you are all having a fantastic week/day!

So this week was pretty amazing, want to know why? Linda's baptism was Saturday!!!

It was so absolutely amazing to see the smile on her face as she came up out of the water :) I think one of my favorite parts however was after she came up out of the water she asked to go back down again just to make sure that she was baptized :) She is so solid! During the baptism we had a great musical number by a daughter of one of her fellow-shippers who played her violin, a talk by that daughter's mom, and a talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost by yours truly :) I am so thankful for that opportunity that I had to witness someone make the decision to come closer to Christ and feel the joy that it brings :)

Also this week I got assigned to give a talk in sacrament meeting, on Saturday evening. Needless to say using my common sense to the greatest of my ability, I wrote it all 30 min. Before the meeting started. Thankfully I managed to write enough, in fact I accidentally went over 5 min. And I also thankfully had the spirit with me, which was able to help me discern what the congregation needed to hear :) It was actually an amazing experience for me :)

Another cool thing this week was all of the snow that we got! It was so cold! I am so thankful that jackets, hats, gloves, and wool socks are a thing. Because they are glorious! It was actually really funny as I was dressed in most of my winter gear while my companion just had a sweater and a jacket on, with gloves and boots of course, and most of Montana was wearing T-shirts and jeans! I had so many people come up to me these last few days and ask if I'm from the south :)

(Excerpt from a written letter shared by a friend-)

So get this, Today is the first day of snow.  Like actually we are getting 6 inches today snow! It's crazy, we just woke up to it snowing! Ya, I'm not looking forward to going outside today.  It's only 7:45 so I still have about 2 1/4 hours.  Crap, my companion is in the shower and just told me that he left something out in the car and needs me to go get it.  Noooooooooooo.  Sweet I got them.  It's crazy how wet snow is.  I always thought it would be dry and powdery.

Hey, I'm sorry that I haven't had too much time to email today, but I really wanted you guys, and all of our other friends and family, to know that I love you so much. You all have been so amazingly helpful in strengthening my testimony.


Mom, dad, thank you so much for keeping our family strong in the gospel.as missionaries, we come across so many who have fallen away, or even haven't experienced the gospel because their parents were "too busy" or just fell away. Thank you so much for raising me the way that you did. I seriously can't thank you enough. And I don't think I will ever be able to really thank you for all that you have done. You have given me something so precious and amazing. This is truly the most amazing gift that you could have ever given me. Thank you.

Sorry for the short email this week but this day has been absolutely crazy! I love you all!
Nick and his Zone Leader

Never give up, Never surrender!

-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment