Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, October 12, 2015

If you give an elder a recipe

If you give an elder a recipe (in particular it's the cowboy casserole that Mama T sent),
He will want to make it.
When he and his companion decide to make it, 
they will also decide that they must make cornbread muffins to go with it.
When they decide that they must make cornbread muffins to go with it,
They will then tear apart the entire house looking for corn.
When they realize that they already have a box of premade cornbread muffin mix, 
they will laugh then play Rock-Paper-Scissors, to determine who makes what.
When Elder Berrett wins the cornbread muffins,
he will attempt to follow the instructions.
When Elder Berrett attempts to follow the instructions, 
he will inevitably end up pouring in 1/2 cup of water instead of milk. 
When Elder Berrett ends up pouring in 1/2 cup of water instead of milk,
He will then assume that the only logical thing to do is to pour in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, add flour, then hope for the best. 
When the elders hope for the best,
they will enjoy a delicious meal with the 9 min. that they have left of dinner and then hope that the mess will go away.
When the elders hope that the mess will go away, 
it doesn't.
The end  
Really hoping these aren't the ingredients used in his cowboy casserole or that he has to eat these at all.  Ick.

Can you believe that it has already been 1 1/2 months, a whole transfer. Wow. I still can't get over the fact that I've been here that long and I'm still having to look at my little glorious notebook (again thank you Hannah Oliekan For that amazing gift last Christmas timeish, it has saved my life so many times I really cannot thank you enough!) To remember the names of all of these people. However as amazing as this area is, and how utterly amazing the people are, I will have to bid it adieu. 

So last night elder Hendricks and I got our transfer news! Unfortunately I will be leaving Great Falls and heading to some place called Butte. The cool part is, My new trainer, will be Elder Wessendorf, Elder Hendricks' old companion/trainer! I've heard so much about this man and now I finally get to serve with him! 

Great Falls, and this entire companionship have been amazing! I think one of the coolest parts about transfers is that they are completely inspired by the lord. My testimony of that has increased so much. Elder Hendricks has helped me so much as a missionary and as a person. He has helped me to be way more loving, caring, forgiving, and generally more Christlike. 

Elder Hendricks will be staying here and will continue to serve as district leader and get a new companion (whose name we have both forgotten).

On the bright side, because transfers are on Wednesday, I GET MY KNEE BRACE ON WEDNESDAY!!!! (insert fireworks and exploding Death Stars here) I'm so pumped to be able to walk normally again and not have everyone ask (Are you ok? Why are you playing dodgeball with that? Do you want to sit down? Did you know that Joseph Smith also had a limp too?) 

Sorry this emails a little hectic, elder Hendricks and I are rushing trying to do everything to say and say goodbye to everyone today that we don't have a lesson with. 

Let's see what else, oh actually missionary work!

The work has been fantastic this week! not only have people all of the sudden become more receptive, but a ton of members have been contacting us this week asking how they can help further the work and if there are any investigators that they can fellowship. We have one of our investigators, Dan, who we have been trying to contact all transfer, who just called us and set up two lessons this past week. while one of them fell through it was still amazing! He is almost on date for baptism and he is so willing to learn!

Also, The wedding. for those of you who didn't hear, one of our less active couples asked me to marry them this past week, it was so crazy, I'm only 18! I don't even know what to say!  Sadly/thankfully after a really nice conversation with our mission president, he came to the conclusion that the Bishop should marry them. Unfortunately because the Bishop was sick this last week they put it off until tomorrow. 

I hope that you all have a most fantastic week! The church is true! Thank you all so much for all that you do!

-Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett
????
P.S. Companionship quote of the week "Elder, last I checked, Hell wasn't Horizontal." 

No comments:

Post a Comment