Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Voice Recording June 19 part 2

Well howdy again! Continuing on… this week we got to know several of our investigators that I’ve never met before.  Elder Johnson only ever taught some of them when we went on splits.  One of them, Jess… so looking at and reading his profile I’m thinking that this guy is what, 18-30, in that age range, we pull up and it’s this old guy with this giant beard.  (To Elder Hand ) Elder!  If you had to describe Jess in one phrase how would you describe him? (Elder Hand - I don’t know, old?)  Really interesting guy.  Apparently some of his biggest issues with our church is that he believes in reincarnation and we don’t. So…. Yeah.  He’s been meeting with missionaries for over like three years now. So…. No, that’s not him, that’s William and Jamie.  We also met with them this week. She’s not active and he’s a non member.  They have a daughter of like three years, no she’s almost two.  And the missionaries have been trying to get them married and active for ages.  They love missionaries, they love having us by, but just aren’t interested in progressing so we’re probably going to end up dropping them soon.  We’re planning on having a lesson at the church, we still need to plan and figure that out.  We’re basically gonna say like “Hey! Next week we’d like to meet with you and have it at the church.”  We’re prompted to just get them out of the house for a lesson and see how that goes.  We’re like “We have a really fun activity planned!”  And we have no clue what we’re gonna do.  So yeah, that’s a thing.

Not much else that I can think of other than that.  Laundry is just about done.  Today as a zone we’re meeting in Hamilton, and go for a small hike and then go to some guy’s gym and play basketball and stuff.  I’m probably just going to do the hike, and then sit down, relax, and rest and don’t push myself too hard.  I’ve got to at least be able to walk when I see President and Sister Wadsworth this week.  Put this grapefruit juice in the cabinet down here…. (Elder Hand – Hey.  How many doors did Noah’s ark have?) Three. (Elder Hand – One. One door. ) Is that true?  I thought you were telling a joke. (Elder Hand   - No. Jr Jots and Tittles.  I don’t know. Trivia game for LDS youth, converts, and adults.) Interesting, I thought it was a joke. Hmmm.  Apparently we have another game in our car that neither of us knew about. Also found a game, Othello.  A three game set.  Apparently some missionaries really liked to play games.  And go camping and play golf.  If I were to judge by the state of our apartment and car. Oh, Elder Hand found a nerf gun.  Like, it’s battery powered.  This giant semi-automatic rifle with a grenade launcher attachment. Instead of grenades it shoots like these giant dart things. Laughs.  So he’s been having fun shooting that.  At the other person who lives here. Me. Yeah.

Elder Hand makes a good DJ.  Since there’s only one ipad, we listen to talks or music and night or during lunch. He pretty much goes, “Elder Berrett, you suck.  Give it to me.”  Except much nicer than that. So he plays DJ, and he’s a good DJ.  Especially since I cleaned up a lot of the music on here, so there’s no unapproved stuff.  There was some, but that’s just because I get music from other elders and other things, and I’m like “Uhhhh… I don’t really feel like this is approved music”, and so I finally got around to cleaning that up. So when I hit shuffle it’s not like Imagine Dragons- Gold or something like that. Which that actually came on the other day and I’m like “Oh… I loved this song back home.”  Skip.  I did it. I was proud of myself.


(To elder Hand) Hey!  He weed whacked over here! (Elder Hand – Yep.) It looks great! I honestly can’t think of anything else I’m going to say right now, so I’m going to pause this so I’m not just rambling on.  We’re going to have a fun day today, I’m excited.  We got a new sister in our district, Sister Lewis, I think I said that last week, she’s from Helena with me, so that was kinda fun to see how she’s doing.  Went from this sister who is really timid and shy, and didn’t want to say anything, bless her heart to “She’s out there and doing the work and loving it!” And I’m like “Oh! You’ve grown!”  The gospel’s true, book is blue, love the Lord, and love his work!  Hope you have a wonderful day and God bless.  Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment