Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Voice Recording May 29 part 3

Good morning again!  So funny story real quick, ‘Daemon’ has been stuck in my head, I don’t know why.  I always thought that was the funniest thing.  Flo was like “Guys, I promise you, this song about the heart of Jesus overcoming the devil.”  And I’m like, “WHERE in the song does it say that?”  The whole song we’re literally just chanting “Daemon!”, with a couple of things, I think Jesus Christ is mentioned once.  It was just a running joke, I know that’s what the message is about, but I think the song might have been abridged or something because, I remember as we were singing the song, if you flip it over, (to read the translation)  it hardly ever says the word ‘demon’ and it’s all like “The heart of Jesus” and all these things, and “the power of the devil, the power of the devil”, but mostly all this stuff about Jesus, and I’m like, “There’s no way that’s the accurate translation of exactly what we are singing.”

Anyways, that was not what I meant to share, but that was just what was in my head.  Having a great day, we just talked to our ward mission leader actually, Brother Wilton, he won’t be taking us out to the Ghost town today, because they just got back in town and they’re really busy, he’s trying to catch up on some work.  We’re like “Don’t worry about it! Totally.  We’re going for a hike today.”  That probably will be enough for my knees, in all honesty.  I know, how sad is it when I can’t do a three mile round trip hike?  Well, I can do it, I just think I’m going to be on some pain killers afterwards.

Oh, let me think, what was I going to… Oh yeah!  So on the 17th, I keep meaning to tell you about this, but I keep forgetting, we’re doing a float!  I’m going to be in a parade.  We’re doing a whole Family History giant parade thing, and ward council is like “Let’s get all our missionaries in our zone on it!” And I’m like, “Oh, okay!” So we’re going to be doing that apparently.  It’s going to be tons of fun, and be offering help with family history, and church tours, and we have two parades, this one, and one in like a month and a half that we’re going to try and do.  So, I’m like, “Alright! This will be fun!” Still gotta get President’s official permission for it, but at least for the whole zone to be there, we will still be there at the very least.  It’ll be good.  I’m really excited and pumped about that.

Other than that, the days going to be going fairly well, still just like we had planned.  I’m going to be going having Family home evening with the family we have dinner with for tonight.  That will be good, it’s the Eyre family.  Elder Johnson really loves them.  I’ve only met them once, but they are really great people.  I guess apart from at church, but that doesn’t really count.  Like when I meet people in their home for the first time, I say “Nice to meet you” because just shaking someone’s hand in the hallway at church doesn’t really count as meeting them. 

Yeah!  That’s about it. All I really have to share.  Thought there was more, but there’s not really.  This will be short.  Love you!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment