Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, August 1, 2016

THE Weekly Letter

Good Morning everyone!

This week was absolutely awesome! Super spiritual week, we had both a Zone Training and a stake priesthood conference, it's been great!

To start off, well I guess lets go in order.

The start of this week was fairly up and down. The up side was that we had a great evening on Tuesday! The fun all began when a member of our ward picked us up for dinner (we were just about out of miles) in his Shelby GT 500. :) what a car! The best part was that he offered to drive us out to Lovell (saving us 70 miles that we didn't have) that night for a baptism that the Byron Elders had. That was possibly one of the best rides of my life! So cool! At one point we were going about 110. Ya.


The downside is that one of the elderly members that Ward council has asked us to go visit was hospitalized. He probably won't be making it, and that same day found out that his wife just passed away. We actually attended her funeral this morning. :/

The rest of the week was quite a bit better. We had lots of great lessons with less actives and investigators. Unfortunately the Lancaster's cancelled on us. :/ although due to the fact that she's going in to be induced to have her kid this Friday, I'm not really pushing the issue. Thankfully though she still loves to talk with us through Facebook. It's literally Great Falls all over again. There was a family there that I never really met because of this same situation, thankfully Elder Hendricks is a boss and they were totally prepared.  :) But ya, the Lancasters have tons of desire and are really to keep on learning about the gospel so yay!

Also this week, Zone Training! It was FANTASTIC! This was possibly one of the most spiritual zone trainings that I've been to. It was all about having more faith, taking care of our selves mentally and physically, and of course role-plays! It was amazing! One of my favourite parts was a commitments that they gave us, to read the Book of Mormon looking for things that describe the character of Christ. We have to be done by Zone Conference this December. I am so pumped to do this!

Oh! Also this week we did some service for the Gemmels! They are the really super awesome family that gives me tape for my knees :) but ya, we helped them cut and load about two cords of wood. While we aren't allowed to actually do any of the cutting or splitting, we marked the logs for cutting then loaded the split wood into various trucks/trailers. Unfortunately about an hour in the Gimmels daughter got her thumb caught between the splitter and a piece of wood effectively removing 3/16th of it including a good chunk of bone. As much as I feel bad for her, it was a good reminder to me of how important ALL of the rules we have are. Honestly I was tempted to use the splitter. It seemed really safe and I couldn't see a reason for the rule. However this was a fantastic example to me on how everything has a purpose.

But ya! Grandma and grandpa surprised me yesterday, I had totally forgot that they might try and stop by on their way through Wyoming until I came home from church to see them on the couches here, seriously what a shock, I honestly didn't even realize it was them for 30 whole seconds. You know how you said it was weird when your work life met your home life back in college. That's totally what it felt like. It was honestly really great to see them though, they brought me jam, the most glorious raspberry freezer jam :).


 Not much else that I can think of, not too many people showed up to church this week However we are seriously going to be praying and striving to do all that we can this week to get people there!


For a spiritual thought, I started the character of Christ Book of Mormon challenge this morning. Before I had even gotten to 1st Nephi, I was just reading the title page and I was immediately struck with such an immense feeling that Jesus Christ truly loves us. I knew that he loved us, that he wanted this record to be published, another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon does contain the fullness of the Gospel and that through it we will come closer to Christ.

I hope that you all have a most wonderful day today and the rest of the week! I love you all!

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment