Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Pioneer Day!

Good Morning everyone! And Happy Belated Pioneer Day!

For all of you who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, don't feel too bad. I was pretty hazy about what it was until by companion explained it to me. Apparently the 23rd of July is the day that the pioneers settled Salt Lake City if I remember right, so of course celebrations ensue. So ya. Happy Pioneer Day!

(I did explain to Nick that Pioneer Day is actually the 24th, but since it fell on a Sunday this year, most celebrations happened on Saturday.  And yes, he has celebrated Pioneer Day in Utah on several occasions...)


I am honestly doing great! My knee has been bothering me a little, truth be told I haven't been he greatest at wearing my tape. I was just talking to sister Wadsworth about it and she practically killed me :) So ya, do better I will :) 

Oh! Also on a completely unrelated note, I finally got around to polishing my shoes! Is it bad that I think I can count on one hand how many times it's been done? I know there was once in great falls when Elder Glorious Hendricks helped me. Then I think I did it once in butte. I think Elder Hendricks might have funny enough also been there for that. But ya! Polished shoes! Granted bro. Cheatham may or may not have told me that I couldn't leave the house until they were polished, thankfully not Air Force style, but ya. They were done well. I tried to get a before and after picture but it didn't turn out so well. I'll attach it.

Also finally took some pictures of Ten Sleep!





Anyways, this week was absolutely fantastic! 

Sorry but the rest of this email is going to be a little short, just got back from zone preparation day and we have 20 min. until dinner.

This week Elder Ison and I decided to put our faith to the test. We haven't really been getting too many investigators over in basin lately so we started striving to go tracting more there and truly offer EVERYONE the gospel. It's been amazing! We seriously got quite a few promising potential investigators and one who no joke practically begged us to come and teach her and her husband. It was amazing! I am so thankful that we know that we are not alone doing this work. 

Anyways quick update on investigators: 
Lancaster's: doing great! Still haven't been able to get them to church but they said that they would for sure be there next week so fingers crossed! Also we finally found a member who is willing to come to our lessons with them so hopefully we will get some lessons in a members home! 

Travis and Wife: we met this awesome family, funny enough right across the street from the Lancasters and they are so pumped to learn about the gospel! We have a lesson coming up with them soon so more to follow! 

All of our recent converts here are thankfully all still active and kicking hard! It's so awesome! 

One of the things that I've learned here in Greybull, don't mix Bleach and Hydrogen Peroxide. Apparently it gets poisonous. Heh heh ya. Also! Hydrogen peroxide will get blood out of ANYTHING. it's awesome. Even if the blood stain has been there for quite some time. It's really cool to wash. Just don't mix it with bleach. 

(After I questioned why he was mixing those two chemicals and why he needed to get blood out of clothes, what he had blood on, and how the blood got there, I got this response- )

Well I had laundry and I thought that it would make my clothes super white. Ya nope. I just know that bro. Cheatham and I were draining it and he was instructing me to not do that again, of course in the most lovingly instructive way. So I think I realize why I like bro. Cheatham so much. He reminds me of so many people from home. So he's the ward chorister (Flo) constantly teaches me to think things out in my head before asking questions, really gets me to think a lot more (Gingerbeard) has a sense of humor and just reminds me a ton of (Bro. Anderson.) He is constantly taking the time to talk with us, give us life advice and tells lots of great stories (all three).  Of course he's totally his own person and I love him for some of his own traits, but ya :). I've been blessed. :) 

Oh ya, anyways it's just been random things like bloody noses, a few scrapes from bike crashes or other stuff. Thankfully just little things. :) And really just shirts.  It (the bike crash) was really just once. Don't worry I do still have some balance :) And the bloody nose was from  just walking into doors actually. :) 

Sorry, I love you all and hope that you all have a most fantastic week! Just remember that the Lord truly does love each and every one of you and we can truly gain a relationship with him through prayer. This I honestly know to be true. I have and am currently experiencing it. 

Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment