Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 46 (I Think)

Goooooooooood mornin' good mooooornin'!

So get this. Today has a HIGH of 73, right now Siri says that it's 72, but with the wind it feels quite a bit cooler. Soooo ya, I hate to say it, but I'm a little glad that I'm not in Gilbert right now. *Cough* High of 108 *Cough*. Granted I'm still a total wimp here. Yesterday it got down to 65 and I had to put on a sweater. I promise you I was probably the only person in a several hundred mile radius wearing a sweater. Now who else can say that? :)

Anyways this week went by too darn fast.

This week, what did we do? Let me check area book real fast. Ok. Got it.

Tuesday, we had our lesson with Marci. This week she specified that she wanted something "Fun" so we gave her "fun". My companion and I decided that we were going to teach them the principles of missionary work, and enduring to the end. To do that we cooked up a two part activity, a missionary boot camp, and a extremely down-Sized, miniaturized Trek. For the missionary part we did a few funny activities, bike race, eating weird foods, then we also did some role plays to show that it honestly isn't as scary as everyone makes it out to be to do missionary work. For the Trek we did a few activities like a stick pull, eating flour water, and a few scripture chases, then finally you had to pull someone who was "sick" in a wheelbarrow while everyone threw water balloons at the two people until they made it to the other side of the yard, Zion, where brownies awaited them. :) I personally was really proud of it. Thanks to my companion's genius ideas we even had music playing for part of it. If any of you are familiar with The Nashville tribute band, we used two of their albums, "The Work, and The Trek" but ya, it was fun. :)

Also this week we did a ton of service, I'm fairly certain that I used a weed whacker at least twice this week. Oh! Also we got to help an older less-active sister in the Ward cut down several of her trees that were dead. She had us using some sort of a branch cutter thing to cut through thankfully not the big base but the two big arms that usually start after that. She said that she would pay someone to come in with a chainsaw and do the rest once we finished. It was a ton of hard work but totally worth it. She totally came to church! Any other week and she would have been swearing up and down that she wouldn't come. However she totally came! It was amazing!

Also this week we had another lesson with the Lancaster family! They are doing great! We had a short but powerful lesson with them. While bro. Lancaster unfortunately didn't have too much time to read this last week, his wife read the title page, the introduction, the testimonies of all the witnesses, and the testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. She had a few questions, but it was all like "What does this mean?" or "I'm not I understanding what this said". She absolutely loved it and he was so pumped to read it this week. He asked for a copy of his own (he denied one last week) so that he could read it on his breaks at work! We also set up another lesson with them for next week and they offered to feed us again! While it will be interesting to see how we can get a member there, I can't wait for it!

Anyways ya, we didn't get to have too many lessons this week, a ton fell through, however a bunch of people really started progressing this week so yay!

Things are going really great here! My companion and I have been getting along better, he still thinks that not talking is the best policy when he gets upset. That he can just hold things in always. However he told me some things that really bug him, I did the same, and we worked things out :) My knee is doing alright. I put off changing my tape for a while and now some random muscle keeps spazzing out on me. :/ I took some ibuprofen and did some physical therapy and that seems to be helping so that's where I'm at. Got a little forgetful, but I'm working on it :). 

Bro. Cheatham took us to this hill over the valley, it was literally completely random, we were driving back in his car from tearing out a floor at his old house when he just randomly turned and started off reading up to this giant plateau. He told us that his favourite thing to do in an airplane is take it along this and just take off from it.  Then he remarks, "You know, I'm sure we can get pretty far with this suburban", and just takes off. 50. 60. 70. 80. Finally YARDS from the edge he slams on the brakes, spins the wheel one ways, and throws the e-brake sliding our car away from it. Show off. :) we stopped and took pictures real quick then headed home :). My impressions were like, "Holy cow this is really high up". And "Man we would have been just a splat way down there." :) Also complete awe. He said that was the highest hill in the whole Big Horn county. It was a fantastic experience.

Greybull is one place that I NEED to visit after my mission. I love it here!



Anyways, this week I was reading the scriptures and came across this little gem. Turn with me if you will to Jeremiah 50:5 "They shall ask the way to Zion". Now while that's not the whole verse, that part really stuck out to me. We all know that the Lord loves us and truly wants us to have joy in this life. Brothers and sisters I can promise you all that if you will ask God, and continually turn to him, you will truly find so much peace in this life. :)

Love you all! 

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment