Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Week (Insert some random Number here like 42)

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!

This week was absolutely, without a doubt FANTASTIC!!!!!

First of all, I had to say Goodbye to Elder Ison. That was actually pretty hard. Thankfully I got to at least spend the day waiting with my new companion with the Byron Elders so that was at least nice:). Anyways Wednesday was the day that it happened. The day that I got ELDER BURCH!!! I'll attach a photo that I just took :)

Elder Burch is pretty awesome, first of all we are both complete yuppies, second of all we are both total nerds. Unfortunately he doesn't really like Doctor Who, his words were, and I quote "Well, I can look past imperfections". Jokingly of course :) Also he is from MESA ARIZONA! Literally our houses are only 20 min apart. It is so cool! Someone else who knows the pain of summers but is too thick headed to ever leave :). 

(I don't understand the yuppy comment... maybe it means something else in Wyoming? )

But ya, This week has been amazing! While we unfortunately only had 2 investigators at church today, one that we will be dropping. But we found several new ones and committed quite a few people to come this week! Seriously training a new missionary is the most fantastic thing in the entire Universe! I never thought that I would enjoy, well I hoped I did, but I was also terrified. Seriously though, he is just training me, not the other way around. I love this guy so much. But in all seriousness, I am, so thankful for the opportunity to train. I am learning so much everyday, and I feel the spirit so much more. Maybe it's because I'm trying super hard to follow all of the rules with exactness and striving to love my companion, so it's really awesome :) :) :) :) :).  I am, honestly so thankful for the opportunity that I have to train.

But ya, that has been about our week. We have done a ton of finding lately, we are seriously trying to improve our teaching pool. Also We are really trying to do way more member finding. We are trying to implement the 21 days program with all of the members here., we followed up with one member yesterday and they loved it so much they wanted to do it again and asked for another sheet!

Christopher is in orchestra now!?!?!? But that's freakin 5th grade! I thought he was in 4th! Man, that is just crazy. You know that is the thing that I keep forgetting about being on a mission. Life just goes on.

But ya, I still want to live in Gilbert. My new companion helped me to realize that I honestly do like Gilbert more than Greybull thankfully. Don't get me wrong, it's great here, but I don't want to live in snow again. I've had to explain a few things to him that make me stop and go, oh ya, this place turns into a complete winter wasteland where nothing grows and nothing should ever live here bye. 


Quick spiritual thought: I know that Families truly are important to Gods plan for us. Yesterday we got to have the opportunity to testify to an excommunicated member here that they truly are and it was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have ever been in! I am so thankful for the gospel and I love you all!


 Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment