Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week (Insert some number here)

Good afternoon everyone!

Sorry again for the late email, it's been an awesome day!

My knee is doing pretty good! I have sorta received some word. Apparently some time today, I am going to receive a call telling me when I get to go to physical therapy :). It's going to be a little tough this week since we just turned in our car for repairs and we don't get it back till Friday or Saturday. But than that it's been Great! I did just buy some new ibuprofen thanks to my companion pointing out that my giant thing of ibuprofen was 6 years expired. :) 

So this week was absolutely astounding! Get this! We got an amazing investigator named Joshua! He is actually the nephew of our investigator on date, his parents are both less actives (and not too
interested) but he absolutely loves the gospel! Unfortunately, because with people like this there always seems to be an unfortunately, we found out that he doesn't live in our area :/. He lives in an apartment complex that we thought was in our area, but were informed by the sisters that that is indeed in their area. Oh well! At least he is continuing to progress :). That's all that matters :)

Also this week I had the most amazing opportunity to go on an exchange in Deer Lodge! Let me tell you, those elders are absolutely rocking it! I had the pleasure of meeting most of their progressing investigators on date (Yes multiple) and then had the next great opportunity to set up baptismal interviews with each of them :) they work is definitely hastening in Deer Lodge!

In Deer lodge I also had the opportunity to get to serve in a senior center kitchen :). It was quite the experience! It truly reminded me not only how important it is to serve, but how rewarded you feel after serving! My companion and I this week will definitely be hunting down some great service opportunities :) Oh! Also in Deer Lodge we ran into probably one of the most hilarious people that I have ever met. I can't remember his name for the life of me (and can't put it in this email anyways). To start off I want you to know that he is one of the whitest people that I have ever met, myself included, and when we met him one of the first words that came out of his mouth was that he was part of the Mexican gang in secret and that we should be scared. He then invited us in and showed us all of his stuff, Including a 1970 edition of the triple combination that he gave me!!! I had some funny pictures but I forgot to get them from Elder Patterson so I'll have to wait till next week to send them :/

Other than that, not too much happened this week. We did have the unfortunate experience of being dropped by one of our investigator couples, apparently they didn't actually like us coming over and never wanted to tell us, until they snapped and cursed us out. Oh well. It happens.

Oh! But get this, I just found out that I have an interview with president this week! I am so excited! President Wadsworth is literally one of the most caring men on the planet, I always learn so much from him. :) it's going to be amazing!

I hope that you all have a most truly FANTASTIC week and hope that all is going well! I love you all!

Yes that cake WAS a good as it looked. Amazing in fact :) I loved it :) 

Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

P.S. For a truly amazing spiritual experience, go watch the addiction recovery videos on LDS.org I've been watching those (each one Is a video of one of the 12 steps and someone's personal experience going through them.) they are so touching and have truly brought me to examine my life and think about how I can better apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life. There has seriously not been a single one that has brought me close to tears. I love them all so much. Elder Hendricks and I joked that we might have to start to program to get off the addiction  of watching them :)

Anyways we need to go to dinner :) I love you all!
-Elder Berrett



No comments:

Post a Comment