Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, March 28, 2016

The diary of a geeky Missionary

Dear diary, this week was definitely interesting. So remember how we ended up dropping all of our investigators this last week? Well, because we have been on bikes all this week, we totally found 2 solid potential investigators! One of the coolest parts is that there is no way we would have ran into them if we hadn't been on bikes. They are both these amazing older ladies, and while for the life of me I can't remember their names, I have them written down in the Area Book, I am so pumped for our lessons with them. We are stopping by one today so I'll give an update on how that goes next week. Apparently biking all week hasn't been to good on my knees. Hopefully we will get our car back today. They tried to fire it up again on Friday, but a brace on the timing belt apparently broke and flew out nearly nailing somebody so they are taking it apart to see what else is wrong with it. Thank goodness for warranty. I'd hate to have the church pay for all of this. And all because I took it in to see why the dummy light has been on. :) (he found out later in the day his car will be in the shop for another week.) 

Other than that, not too much has happened this week. Oh! I did get my MRI finally. :) While I won't know anything on it until tomorrow, it's finally nice to know that I am on track to getting this knee thing solved. My companion said he could just cut off my legs, but I think I'll keep them, after all, how can I run that marathon with Sister Granados in a few years if I don't have legs :) I'm a little nervous that I'll end up going home, but at the same time excited to just find out what is going on. I seriously just want this pain to stop. Its super annoying, I practically collapsed last night at the church (the other elders drove us all there since WIFI at Great Harvest sucked) and wasn't able to really walk. It freakin' took me what felt like 10 min just to walk up the stairs to our house :/. Thankfully I'm around great people who helped carry my bike up and helped me a lot of the night. #ELDERHASKINS #ELDERHENDRICKS #ELDERMILLS

Oh! This week I also went on an exchange with the Zone leaders! Of course I went with Elder Hendricks, What a boss, and had a blast with him! Those two solid potentials hat I was talking about, I found them with him. :) Seriously, I don't know what it is about exchanges, but miracles always happen when we do them. :)

We totally were caught in a freak storm, so we took shelter behind a dumpster and of course the only thing that my companion and I were wearing were sweaters :) Idjits :) Thankfully it hit at the end of the day so the Zone leaders pulled up by Great Harvest (Where we all go at the end of the day) right before we were about to make a little Hobo Hut with some cardboard in the Dumpster. Have I explained why we go to Great Harvest? I promise no disobedience. Free-Wifi. We go there at the end of the day to report lessons/ Update our area-book. 

I totally had an amazing Easter Weekend! Originally we didn't have a dinner but Bro. Guthrie in the other ward fed us, and the other Elders dinner :) It was a great! The funny part was that as we were driving off, we some how ended up in a discussion on who we would marry if we had to pick someone from the mission. It was a glorious laugh :) Holidays are honestly a little weird on a mission, for a little bit it doesn't really feel like a Holiday, but then in Christmas' and Easter's case, all I can focus on is the Savior and All that he did for me, it truly makes them a little more magical. I totally forgot about eggs and everything until just right now reading your email. 

Well I need to go off to go eat dinner at our house. Talk to you later!

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

Apparently they were all in matching gray sweaters, but Elder Mills (in red below) really hates matching, so they had to make a pit stop on the way to the church so he could change. 
So while I'm being driven home, I'm going to email a little but and then let my IPad send this off when I get to WIFI. #STILLCONSECRATED


So I just got told by my Zone Leaders that I'm not allowed to bike anymore until I get my results from my doctor. Sooo we are grabbing some food real quick then they are going to leave us at the church in the Family History center to call and try to get some work done that way. Soooo expect a few posts on Facebook tonight. :)

Let me see what else.... Honestly, I just want you to know that I love you guys so much. I can't tell you how often I find myself doing or remembering something that you guys taught me, even if it's something that I haven't necessarily acted on yet. While I totally still have a lot of growing up to do, I'd like to think I'm making progress :)

Oh! I got your package today. It's GLORIOUS! I love these ties so much! And the books! And the caramels (I gave them out to the other elders and my companion) and the Picture of Christ! We now have a picture of Christ that we can put in our apartment! I'm so pumped!

Oh. Thanks for the Rolos :)

Love you!

Never give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment