Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Random Surprises from Total Strangers

I opened up facebook the other day to check out what superficial news is going on in the world around me, and what did I find, but Nick's smiling face looking at me.  Some kind person in Butte posted this on the Billings missionary mom's facebook page. 

Elder Guthrie and Elder Barrett serving in the Butte First Ward.

That in itself, totally made my day.  And then when I got home from work, I found a letter waiting for me from a sweet sister who is serving with Nick.  The highlights - 

"Hello!  My name is Sister Nichols.  I serve in the same district as your son :) I wanted to write you because I wonder what amazing person raised such an amazing son!.  He's the new district leader and he is doing an amazing job at it.  He has such an amazing enthusiasm for the work. 

I live in Gilbert too! Small world!

One thing I look forward to every week is watching your son play pod ball with the other elders.  He talks with this German accent and broadcasts the whole game XD imagine your son saying this in a German accent "Ok elders I want a clean game, no punching, or killing, ok ready? Best, game, ever!" Then he throws the ball. Then he runs around in his socks and slides everywhere.  I wish I could have the same go lucky attitude about life that he does.  

Anywho, I just wanted to say hi and even though I haven't met you, i want you to know I already think you are an amazing person.  You win at life Sister Berrett haha :)

Love, Sister Nichols."

First off, that pod ball story is the best.  I am so happy she shared that little insight with me. I can 100% picture it.  Except I would have guessed a British accent, but German works too. And him sliding around in his socks? I can't tell you how many times I've seen him do that at school.  *update 2/8/16 - he told me he thought it was a Russian accent. :)

And I think she gives me way too much credit.  Nick has always been his own person.  Parenting him was mostly an exercise in keeping him alive, fed, and helping him to remember things (like his shoes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment