Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Letter to Zach

Hello Zach!  Sorry for the late letter, I had planned to write a letter every day, but clearly failed at that :/  Sorry :/  But anyways, on with the letter, Geronimo!

How have you been alright.  If I'm being honest my companion and I have some issues, nothing major, but some.  I'm saying this not to complain, or vent, but I guess to let you know that yes, I'm not perfect, and that missions are hard.  Mum says that I've been too positive lately ;) and that I'm not honest enough.  So there ;)

Other than that though, the mission really is going quite well! So we have this one investigator named Lloyd, and he is awesome!  I'm not sure how much I've told you about him yet, so please  forgive me and if rebuking is necessary, remember D&C 121: 41-44 :)  Anyways, Lloyd is awesome!  He was the investigator that I said we put on date!  It's been an absolute blast teaching him, he absolutely loves the gospel and is so enthused by it... I love it!

Oh! So funny story, when I went to the hospital this week to get my x-ray (I have to go back again this week for an MRI too :/ ) I totally forgot my name tag!  Thankfully I still had the one on my shirt, but I totally looked like a dork wearing a suit jacket without a name tag :/.  The worst part was that I didn't even realize it til we were driving away :/. I don't know how funny you think it is, but I was practically dying when I found out :).

Oh, so confession.  It's fast Sunday by the way, while cleaning up some of my stuff on my writing desk (I'll email a picture of it) I discovered a giant pack of Lindor chocolate that I had totally forgotten about.  Torture.  I nearly broke my fast right then and there, thankfully, I didn't, but man, Satan is sneaky!

Oh, also real quick, before I forget, you should look up the song "This is my Garden" from the album 'The Garden' by Michael McLean.  It's a freakin' awesome song. That song is a bass duet between Satan (who takes on the role of a snake) and the prophet (who takes on the role of a gardner) Of course you should listen to the whole musical, but that one's my favorite.

Sorry, I have to go now, I'll write more tonight! Love you!

Hey! I'm back! It's the end of the day now.  So get this, we just had 2 awesome lessons!  The first one we got to present to someone the church's Stop Smoking program, and then in the second one, we got to congratulate someone who just completed it!  It was awesome!  I love helping people change their lives.  While missionary work can be hard, and definitely discouraging at times, it's times like this that make up for it :).  Also, one cool thing about giving people this program is that part of it is that they have to give us all of their smoking stuff, soooo Free Lighters! Fire! Yay! I've met a few missionaries who have collected some awesome lighters, so far I only have 2 cheap ones, but that's still 2 people that I've helped :).

Sorry for the torn paper, it's my last one. I'm buying more tomorrow thankfully :)

Man, I can't believe this transfer (a 6 week period) is almost already over.  Transfers are next Wednesday! Crazy, I will know my fate this Sunday.  Insane.

Well, I'm about to do some training calls to the Sister Missionaries in my District, be back real quick!  Hmmmm no answer.... I see how it is Sisters Nichols and Granados.

Well, while I'm waiting for them to call back, how are you doing?  I just saw that you got to go to a dance!  Honestly, I never went to those in Jr High, but I'm glad that you did it and at least had some fun with friends!  Just so you know, it's only been a year and already I can't tell you too much about dances or anything I went to.  I can tell you a few specifics like seeing Dani in that gorgeous dress for the first time, or laughing with a group of friends, but honestly not much.  The things that you will remember and cherish are all the other times that you spend with friends, lunch table conversations, singing in the choir room, eating good food with aforementioned friends.

Oh, phone ringing...

The sisters apparently had a lot of nightly planning to do... for p-day :)

Oh! so want to know something cool?  My bed is right next to the window in our house and right outside our window, probably only maybe down a block or two, is a giant clock tower!  Every morning, I get to wake up to see (after I put on my glasses) the time on the clock tower, It's awesome!

Living in Butte is totally different from living in Gilbert.  While I know Gilbert's way bigger than Butte, Butte's more city-like if that makes sense.  It's like it never sleeps, like New York.  Oh, and snow.  That too :) One thing that I've learned about driving in the witer is that you have to take turns very carefully! I've already spun out a few times and it's crazy! Serious respect for those who live in snow and ice full time.

Well, it's getting close to bed time so I should probably wrap this up.  I love you Zach!  It's funny, I look back a lot and think of how awesome you are all the time!  You truly are an amazing person and I never want you to forget that.  It's sad, I'm working with one missionary in our District who is having such a hard time believing that he is a Son of God!  That he is special and that God always loves and cares about him.  I hope and pray that you never forget that.  You are a Son of God!  Oh! Also read the talk "Becoming True Millennials"  by Russell M, Nelson.  It's written towards YSA (Young Single Adults) But it freakin' Rocks!! You can find it on LDS.org

Love You!
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment