Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, January 25, 2016

More Extras

I got another random text from someone in Nick's mission- 

The exchange went something like this - 

"Having the gang over for dinner and a lesson.  I made carne asada home made so the boys would feel like home."

"Thank you for taking care of my boy!! Mexican food is his favorite! And thank you for texting me! PS I laughed when I saw the hot sauce in front of Elder Berrett's plate.  Some things never change.:)"

"He says he loves his hot sauce."

Christopher and Maddie both got letters this week. (And I realized I never included a letter that Zach received back in December, so if you want to scroll down to December 12 and check that one out...)

Hi Christopher!

How are you doing today?  Do you enjoy your xbox?  Corrine is so awesome!

Christopher, I just saw a video of you sledding down a hill! That's so cool! Yesterday Elder Guthrie and I did that too!  We were silly, we accidentally went sledding inside our car! It was very silly :)

I saw the train by our house the other day!  It was really long!  It was blue and yellow, and green.

What did you learn about at school this week?  Did you have music or PE?

I love you Christopher!  Have fun!

-Elder Berrett


Madison!!

How are you doing?  I'm doing pretty awesome today :) It's Sunday morning, I just got a little extra long shower and I made pancakes :) Great morning.

Oh dang, I just finished getting ready and now I have 3 minutes before personal study.  Sorry, I'll finish this letter tonight, I won't have a lunch today because we have too many lessons :) Love you! Oh, and real quick, if you haven't seen the church's New Year video yet, look it up.  It's called Look Not Behind Thee.  It's freaking hilarious.

Hey!  So a lesson cancelled and now we have a 30 minute lunch! Today has been crazy! While we only had one investigator show up at church, she told us she wants to get baptized!  We have our FIRST lesson with her on Thursday so I'll tell you how that goes later.

Also at church today I found out that my love for people has been holding the work back. There are a few less actives and an that we have that I have just wanted to help for months.  They all let us in and are very nice, but just aren't changing. ;/ I asked the ward council today what to do with them, ie how do I help them progress, and they all said the same thing, "drop them."  Bishop said that if they aren't ready, they aren't ready.  Nothing I do right now will help them, and then our efforts as missionaries can be better spent elsewhere :/  So ya, that happened.

Other than that however I have been Fantastic!  Oh we do have a lesson to get to now, TTYL, Bye!

Hey again!  We just had the most insane day!  We just taught our first lesson to Elder Guthrie's cousin (who lives in our ward and isn't a member) and she loved it!  We taught the restoration and her dad (a member) was testifying the whole time, and it was amazing! He will be inviting her to be baptized next lesson, and we totally think she will say yes :)

Oh, I finally finished training calls with the sisters and they are doing amazing!  Sister Nichols (from Gilbert) is finishing up her training and is doing amazing!  I swear, if elders were as good missionaries as sisters, then all of Montana would be baptized by now.

Well I should probably get heading to bed now.  It's 10:00 and I'm pretty exhausted.  We did a ton of work this week, it was amazing!  I'll tell you guys all about it in my email tomorrow.  You rock!  The Force is strong in you!

Never Give up, Never surrender!!
- Elder Berrett


No comments:

Post a Comment