Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, October 24, 2016

SickWars V: The Sickness Strikes Back

Good Morning! 

So funny story, not even a couple of hours after I sent out my last weekly email, My companion and I were stricken with the same sickness as before. Thankfully at least I have since gotten better and have been able to go out on some exchanges and do work :) So if you could all please keep Elder Hatch in your prayers!

Anyways this week has been wonderfully spiritually uplifting! 

Like I said earlier, I've gotten to go on a couple of exchanges this week, most notably with Elder Stone our district leader. Elder Stone is such a boss! Being with him this last week was absolutely great! One of the things that he impressed upon me is the importance of prayer. While ive always known how wonderful it is, I saw how he truly turned to the lord about everything. My testimony in the power of prayer has truly grown! 

Also this last week we had a wonderful district meeting! It was all about Christlike attributes and on how by focusing on these things we truly can come closer to Jesus Christ and become better disciples of him :)

In my studies this week I have been reviewing conference talks (since we now have tons of time to study) and I would like to share a though from a talk that stood out to me. The talk is titled "Joy and Spiritual Survival" by President Russel M. Nelson. One of the biggest things that stood out to me is that no matter the situation or the trial that we are going through, we can find and experience TRUE JOY! We do this as we turn to Christ. For those that are struggling he gave a couple of ideas to get us started on turning to Christ. We can start by including our thanks for Christ in our prayers to our Heavenly Father, and also by striving to learn about him constantly. This last week I have strongly felt impressions from the spirit that I need to learn more about Christ and Increase my testimony of him. 

Brothers and Sisters, as I finish this email, I want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he died for us and that through him we can change! We can become better people, we can feel love for truly everyone, and We can accomplish all things through Christ. 

I love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week! 

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

P.S. Sorry I don't have any pictures this week, My ipad sorta broke. Its been stuck on the Apple logo.



No comments:

Post a Comment