Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Procrastination at its finest

Good morning everyone! My companion told me to put that as the subject line seeing as it's now 5:13. :)

Anyways wow. These last two weeks have been insane. Real quick we had a zone training two weeks ago and it was amazing! I got to see so many great people! (#President_Wadsworth
#Elder_Hendricks)

After that we had quick exchanges with the elders in Cowley. Great learning experience!

That Wednesday however was when it all started. We went on an exchange with the Cody elders. Now these poor elders have been stuck inside their house for the last 7 weeks prior to this. We have been trying to go on exchanges with them about once a week so that at least one of them can still work. The other has been sick as a dog. Anyways that was great! The sad part is that about Friday night, after we found two awesome new investigators, #Joshuaandhisdaughter We got a call saying that we needed to rush to Cody because they were in the hospital. So we spent the next three days with them helping them and then ultimately driving the sick missionary to billings so that he could go home. but wait there's more! Fast forward to Monday, apparently Sister Wadsworth got a call from the sick elders doctor saying that he tested positive for salmonella poisoning (among many other things). And because me and his companion were starting to get sick she quarantined us in Cody till Saturday evening. Needless to say, I took a lot of wonderful naps. :) I have since gained a glorious testimony of the power of napping and how it can truly help us grow :)

Anyways, I'm feeling much better! I'm so excited to get to work again! I've been down since Monday. Today is pretty much my first day back. I've been able to visit a couple of people but ya. I'm feeling way better today. /)

Holy cow. Did you know that Elder Hatch came out with me? 

So get this. In the last 15 days we have driven 1200 miles. We get about 2000 approved a month so it's been something :) lots of driving snacks.

Also fun fact, since I'm feeling better I just ate some amazing sweet pork and I'm going to get some ice cream out of the freezer since I've been on the brat diet for the last week. :) #I_Don't_Think_I'll_Regret_This 
#Famous_Last_Words

Even with all of that going on though, the lords work has still moved forward! I am so thankful to be a missionary in his church and now more than before I am ready to work! I love you all!


Tell the kids I said hi! 
Pictures!

1. Hospital Adventures! (They had free apple Juice!) 

2. #Sick_Buddies!

3. First snow!

4. Our front yard (in Cody- my view for 6 days)

5. Reunited at last

6. Monday morning form time!!!

7. Our varying joys in life

8. Quick selfie filling out paperwork.

Hey so we need to get going! I love you guys!

Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment