Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

email exchanges, questions answered, and salmonella.

Usually on Mondays, Nick and I can have a bit of a back and forth email session.  Not much, I ask questions, and if he can get back to me, he can,  and then later in the afternoon he will send pictures and his group email.  I usually compile all (most) of this into one blog post, as the stuff he usually shares with just me are more anecdotal and more about how he is personally doing.  I do use my discretion, and edit as to not post anything too personal, for him or someone he may be talking about.  At any rate, on Monday, the group email never got sent.  I've been waiting for two days, as sometimes if he has to leave wifi before pday is officially over (5pm) he will continue to write as he can, (until 5 pm) and then when his ipad is in wifi it will automatically send anything he intended to send.  I've concluded that either the email never got written, or he is still under quarantine and hasn't been near a wifi signal in 48 hours...  At any rate- here is all I have- Our email exchanges from Monday.   (I'm in italics, as usual, and this is way more than usual. He usually has very busy pdays.  He must not have been feeling up to doing much.) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning!

How’s Wyoming??  Getting cold yet?  Are you in a mountainy area, or flat farm land kind of area?  When do they think it will snow?  Got any pictures for me??  It’s supposed to hit 95 or something like that today here.  Starting to get sick of the heat.  It’s expected May through August, and I deal with September, but I would really like to just pretend it’s actually autumn before Christmas hits.

Speaking of which – Is there anything you’d need/want/like for your birthday/Christmas???  It’s not every day you turn 20. Holy moley, I can’t wrap my head around that.  Two Decades. Twenty.  You were such a tiny little peanut.  And I was utterly clueless.  Now you’re giant, and I only feel clueless half the time.  

It’s fall break so the kids are excited to be out of school.  Grandma and Grandpa are in town helping out, so that's awesome. 

So fall break… Zach’s marching band is doing pretty awesome.  They had another competition on Saturday and took first place again, (for 3A division) and swept all the other awards.  I made  Maddie go hang out with some friends this weekend.  She had a lot of fun, and thanked me later for making her go be social.  

Maddie had her choir concert-  Flo wanted me to tell you hi.  He apologizes for not being such a fantastic writer, he’s a pretty busy guy.  I think Maddie is learning to like the new auditorium manager.  Since she isn’t actively involved in anything currently this lady wouldn’t listen to Maddie when Maddie tried to tell her how to do the shell for the upcoming band concert.  She acted like Maddie was just a know it all who doesn’t actually know anything since she wasn’t actively involved in teching this semester.  So the lady dismissed Maddie until the band director flipped out that it was all wrong, and then the lady was like, “oh wait, you want it the exact way that annoying red headed girl tried to tell me?”  Needless to say the lady apologized and then asked for Maddie’s help. 

So Halloween is in 3 weeks.  The only kid who knows what they want to dress up as is Christopher – and he wants to be a missionary.  We’ll see.  He may change his mind between now and then.  He’s a funny kid.   I’m debating organizing some kind of block party on Halloween.  Get to know our neighbors and all that.  We kind of live in a good area for that.  It’s the very back of gemini, we actually back to the apartments, and our street is not a through street, so there’s not tons of traffic.  We’ll see. 

So that’s about all I’ve got for today. 

I love you!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥mom
~~~~~~~~~~~

Don and Cosmo: So say Good Morning! 
Kathy: Good Morning!

Wyoming is absolutely fantastic as always :) Seriously if I could come back to any part of mission, if I had to pick a state, it would be Wyoming hands down. :) 

I'm not really sure, I asked my companion whether it was more mountainey or flat farm 
And and he just said it was the "butt ugly type". He doesn't really like desert. The land here reminds me a ton of home, but with a ton more green. Some mountains, also Ton of flat farm land. However I'm serving in a big college town now. :) we even have a McDonalds and a subway so you could say we're pretty big :) maybe someday I'll get a Walmart :) 

Actually it's supposed to snow for the first time tomorrow :/ I really like the perfect sweater weather. Plus all of the colours :) granted things are starting to die, but still I'd like to put off winter as long as I can :) 

I do have some pictures :) 

Holy cow. I'm going to be so dead when I get back. I'm just going to never go outside. Find a job that's inside. Go to college inside. And do outside stuff in the "Winter". 

You know, honestly just some money would be nice. I need to repair my iPad screen (apparently I trip a lot or something :)) and ice cream money is always nice :) and holy cow 20. I honestly still can't believe it. 

Hahahaha you are just so amazing :) 

Go Zach and Mad. 

Hahahahaha :) I love that she still has her awesome red hair :) honestly though, that shell is freakin confusing. I don't even remember how to set it up. 

I'm going as my companion for Halloween :) go Squistopher! You guys do have that brother Berrett name tag if you want to use it. :) 

And that sounds like an awesome idea! 

Love you! 
  
Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett 
~~~~~~~~~

Hey just FYI. I won't be in Powell the next day or so hopefully. Me and another Elder (Elder Grissom) got pretty sick, so they are sending me to Cody (hahaha I get a Walmart :)) to be sick with him. We think it's just a 48 hour bug, but I'll be with him for a couple of days!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

What?!?!? Like flu sick? :(  nothing serious, I hope?  Do you need any emergen-C ?? 

(and what's with your newfound obsession with walmarts??)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

We think so, it shouldn't be anything serious, mission medical said that the missionary that was sent home wasn't too contagious. I just bought a box :) I'm a child of your making  :) The only reason they are putting us together under quarantine is because the missionary that went home did also test positive for salmonella. Just in case we have it they don't want it to spread. I personally think it's just a bug, since the only symptom I have is an upset stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salmonella?  Isn't that just food poisoning?  I hope you get better soon ♥♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is :) so worse comes to worse, I'm out for 4-7 days. And I'm already on day 2 so yay!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Way to be positive!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh ya! Did you know that it was international smile day the other day :) that was so awesome :) I just spent the whole day smiling and whistling:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love you :)  I miss your smiling face and your whistling, but if it brightened someone else's day, it's worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment