Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Powell week 1

Good afternoon everyone! 

So real quick before I forget, my new address is
607 Ave E. 
Powell, Wy 82435

Ok! So quick recap on this week. Sadly I had to say goodbye to elder Burch this week. :/ Also this week I got to help them move into their new apartment so no more Cheatham's in our lives :/. Well I left anyway. 

But ya! I got to say goodbye to some people and have some fantastic last lessons! We had a wonderful lesson with Vicki before I left, she is seriously progressing so much. It was awesome! 

Now on to Powell! 

Powell is a, well a college town. Much larger than basin or Greybull. I think we might have 3 stoplights. While we don't have a Walmart here, there is one only 30 min. away! Also we have a Subway and an Einsteins, so you could say I'm moving up in the world :). 

Being a zone leader is......interesting. Lots of administrative work. However I also get to drive to Billings tonight, then to Helena the day then we have awesome MLC then we drive back to Powell. So ya.   The best part of being a zone leader: I don't have to plan district meetings and we get to see tons of new places.  The worst: the administrative crap. 

Let's see, this week I got to go to institute for the first time. Think seminary but with comfy chairs and cuddling. Also I got to meet quite a lot of people at once! Still trying to learn names. I'm sure it will come. :) 

We also got to go to both Lovell and Burlington, the mission opened up two new area there so we got to go give them supplies. All of the driving happened this week.  

But ya. Oh! Let me tell you about Elder Hatch. He is amazing! He has quite possibly the deepest voice in the world. He is from West Valley Utah, so I can pretend to have something in common there. (Elder Berrett lived in West Valley City for the first 4 years of his life) He is also a FANTASTICALLY AMAZING pianist and organ player. He even has organ shoes. There have been several times where we have had free time and have just sang to our hearts content. It's absolutely wonderful! Oh, he also cooks potatoes really well. Like it's some of the best potatoes that I have ever had. And he can, and will drink half and half like milk. He loves the stuff. :) 

But ya! Sorry I think that's about it for now. :) 

Oh! Pictures!
1. The outskirts of Powell 
2. Elder Hatch and I
3. A really cool chapel we found in Burlington
4. Elder Hatch convincing me to take cool nature photos

5. Preparation day with a bunch of missionaries! We decided to play a super fun game called Bang! Look it up, tons of fun. If any of you back home know the coons family ask them, they have it. Just beware. I know that Hannah cheated. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment