Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Every pizza can be a personal pizza if you believe in yourself and try hard enough

Wow, another transfer has already come and passed. 

We ended up getting our transfer news yesterday, Elder Burch will be staying here in Greybull basin, and I have been re-assigned as a zone Leader in Powell. At least I'm staying in the same zone! :) 



Ya, I actually got the call from President Wadsworth himself. He called me early in the morning and asked me if I would accept the assignment of a Zone Leader. I Leave Greybull either Tomorrow or Wednesday depending on how things work out. :/ The funny part is that I'm assigned to be a Zone leader in Powell Wyoming over the Wyoming West Zone. I am literally staying in the same Zone. I'm only going to be 45 min from bro. Cheathams house! Plus as a zone leader I get to go on exchanges with the district leaders. So I get to come back to Greybull potentially once a transfer. Soo ya! It's sad, plus this means that I need to focus on actually learning the other district's names and remembering all of the other stuff.  Ya, at least I get a truck :). I'm a little excited, but still nervous. I'm excited for some parts of it, basically all the parks, but nervous about the responsibility if that makes sense. And also I get to go to Mission Leadership Conference!!!! Plus I get to see elder Hendricks :). But ya, leaving Greybull and packing. Its been hard.   Ya. But I've said goodbye and had some pretty dang good lessons the last few days, and we committed someone to baptism that we've been teaching for a while :). 

My knees are doing alright. I think I'm going to go back to my brace for a week because I lost my tape for a little bit and I didn't get my brace out of my suitcase because I just assumed that I would find it, ya I'm an idiot. but other than, its going good! Training a new missionary has actually gotten me back into a habit of exercising every morning so yay! Physical therapy!

It is starting to get a little cold, but I'm actually doing fine with clothes, thankfully I haven't really grown :). I was going to ask for some sweats but Bro. freakin' Cheatham surprised us both the other day with old Air Force pants. They were too small for him so basically brand new.  I don't know what kind of stuff they are made out of, but basically they manage to keep you both warm and cool at the same time. Plus tons of pockets! I'll send a picture!  We have been working out in them and it's awesome! 

Anyways this week was, just absolutely crazy! At one point this week we got to really help out one of our investigators who is struggling. He's been taught by missionaries for quite a while, but wasn't able to be baptized for a couple of reasons. However because all of those have passed, we are working with him to be baptized. Anyways, he does a bunch of service in the community by taking care of lawns. However due to a back injury he wasn't able to do his normal rounds so we helped him on Wednesday. Miracles happen when you serve others! Not only were we able to help out a few families, we were able to really get to know him better and commit him to come to church! 

This week we were finally able to get in contact with the Lancaster's again! It was really great to see that all was going well with them and that they still wanted to meet with us! They've been spending a ton of time in a different city, well....... town and unfortunately literally haven't had any cell service while up there. Hyattville is crazy! 

We were also able to have a great lesson with Vicki this week! She is really starting to progress! We have been able to find a ton of fellow shippers for her! It's been so amazing to see her continue to come back to church and help her friend come as well! 

But ya! It's been a load of crazy this week! This week we also we have gotten to see a ton of progression in another less active that we have been working with, the Riddler family. I believe I've talked about them before. We had an amazing lesson with them last night and, basically bore our testimonies of prayer and how much the lord loves us. It was great to see them all truly talking about their love for the Lord. :) 

But ya! Love you all! 

I'll talk to you all in Powell! 


Also the subject line is a quote from bro. Cheatham :) 

Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett 


No comments:

Post a Comment