Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

We saw horses!

Good Morning Morning Everyone!
This week was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Seriously!

I just got back from an awesome Campfire Picnic/ Hike with the District. We saw horses! 

My knee is totally doing a ton better! I was even able to go on a multiple mile mountainous hike, yes with minimal jumping off of rocks :) but I totally did it without any trouble!  Some pictures will follow but most will be coming next week when I get the photos from sister Granados.   When spring hit I was so freakin happy :) Granted, it's still Montana so it still snows randomly, however it's so wonderful to see green :). Thankfully lately all we've been getting is rain, but it's been known to snow on the 4th of July here.

Also! Quick thought that elder Hendricks said, when was the last time someone could say that they had both of their trainers in one picture? :) 

So this week we found ANOTHER solid new investigator! His name is Britt and he is seriously one of the coolest guys ever. Brit was a referral from an active member actually in the other ward who called us and told us that he was interested in learning about the church, when we heard this we were stoked! Something that made it even cooler was that on Wednesday (our lesson was on Friday) we got a text from her saying that instead of at his house he wanted to have it at the church! For those of you who don't know, having a lesson at the church is amazing! The only thing that's better is having a lesson at a members home. The spirit is just so strong! Anyways, Friday FINALLY came around and so did our lesson. It rocked! We were able to teach him the full restoration lesson then commit him to baptism! It has been so long since I have been able to commit someone to baptism it felt so wonderful! At the end of the lesson we asked him "Brit, when you get your answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true, will you be baptized by the proper priesthood authority of God" and he totally said YES!! The best part is that he even kept his commitment and came to church today! He even stayed all three hours, asked tons of great questions and is super excited for our lesson this Tuesday! :) :) :)

Other than that awesome thing, I honestly haven't done too much work in my area this week. I've been on two different exchanges, Deer Lodge Monday-Wednesday and The Zone Leaders Saturday. It's been really busy :).

The exchange with Deer Lodge went really well! I had the opportunity to meet several of their investigators, their now recent converts the Meagers, and on Wednesday, I had the amazing privilege of interviewing another one of their Investigators for baptism. That is seriously one of my favorite parts about being a District leader, I get to interview people and see all of the wonderful changes that they have made in their lives! It's so amazing! One cool miracle that happened was that literally right as we were walking out of this lady's home after the interview, her caretaker walked up to us and just told us that he is going to be baptized before the years over. Sooo ya! The Deer Lodge elders just got an amazing investigator just like that. Insane!

On Thursday I had another Physical Therapy appointment followed by weekly planning. Thankfully we had splits with ward council at the end of the day, so I can still feel productive :) oh! By the way, physical therapy is going great! While I still have completely random muscle pains, it's nothing that a few ibuprofen can't fix. I'm finally off of the extra strength Tylenol :) I'm fairly certain my district was about to have an intervention, I was popping those things like candy :) Anyways it's going great! My physical therapist keeps calling me weak :) but I'm coming along!

Friday was a bit of a killer, we had a youth that we were working with call us. He specifically asked for me, when I answered he asked if I'd be mad. After I assured him that I would not be mad at him, he basically said that he wanted to take a sabbatical from church attendance. :/ The poor kid has been going through a lot, if you could please keep Evan in your prayers that would be great!

Saturday was awesome though! I was on exchange with ELDER DABOMB HENDRICKS! He is seriously the best missionary of all time. I love that guy! On the exchange I got to meet several of their investigators, and also do a ton of different finding activities! We tried tracting, Family History tracting, and street contacting! All three were great and got them some boss new people to teach so can't wait to see where that goes!

Sunday was also boss, (This was just an amazing week, seriously ðŸ˜„😄😄😄😄😄😄😄) we had THREE investigators and a new less-active come to church yesterday! At one point right after Sacrament meeting Sister Granados (The one who has challenged me to a marathon in a few years :)) even asked me why I was smiling so much 🙃🙃🙃 I still can't get over it, it's just FANTASTICALLY GLORIOUS!

Anyway, that's my week :) love you all! You rock!
Also sorry but I forgot Zone training pictures last week. Here they are-




Never give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett 

No comments:

Post a Comment