Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, July 31, 2017

Voice Recording July 31

Howdy, mom! Back at our apartment now, and making dinner. And since you asked me questions and I sent you a really weak email, I’m making this voice recording.  So I’m eating half a burger that I still have from Napps today.  Napps is a place that makes really big burgers. So big that even I can only eat half.  (Elder?  – It’s like, really big.  We’re talking like slightly less than a pound of beef on a burger.)  So think of like Slaters 50/50, take out all the bacon, but the burgers are still just as big.  That’s Napps. (Elder? – Ten dollars and twenty five cents.)  About the same price too, so, yeah.   Actually I don’t remember how much Slaters was because that’s in Cali.  But that’s what we’re doing right now.  We’ve got a little bit left of dinner, and I thought I’d quickly send this off while that’s still legal.

In response to like, you called me out on my bull crap and actually asked HOW my week was, we had an amazing week.  Because of the three areas we cover, Darby, Hamilton, and Stevensville, we split it up by days so on Wednesdays we are in Stevensville.  So those are the days that I get to go work there.  They took away one of my wards, I think I already told you that, and I think I ranted to you about that last week. (Elder ? – You gave it away.)  I’m still a little salty about it. (Elder ?- We asked your permission) So it was kind of like a, my zone leaders, the people I’m with now, glorious Elders Crockett and Davis, love em to death, but they came up to me and were like, “Elder Berrett, so here’s all the reasons why you need to give up an area.  In fact, we’re going to do this, but we’d like your permission either way.  Even if you don’t give it, your area is still going bye-bye, but, yeah.”  So I’m like, “I don’t like this, but fine!” “Duly noted.  It’s still happening.” Is the kind of situation it was.  It went well though, and the sisters there are actually doing it a lot of justice and good.  Anyways, we went there Wednesday, we didn’t have too much time because we had to drive my car up to Missoula, coming out of my carport, I think I told you this, I sorta scraped out one of the lights.  And ruined part of the front bumper, just backing out! And hit the shelf. It’s all good, funny enough, I still have driving privileges, don’t ask me how that one works.  Elder Crockett says I only have six weeks left, so yeah…  So we drove to Missoula and got that sorta taken care of, it’s sitting there at the church now.  (Elder? – It’s a lot of money) Yeah, I think the estimate was a 2500 dollar repair.  It’s the kinda thing where I’m like, “You know what? That sucks.”  So that’s getting taken care of.  Let’s see… Oh yeah!  So we went back to Stevensville, we didn’t have too much time, with the little time we did have, we’re like, “let’s go finding!” Elder Davis, being the stud he is, said “Hey Elders, we need to pray. And we need to strive to find investigators. Let’s set a goal.  We set a goal at 2:00, and prayed about it, and then went out to work, and within an hour had a lesson with someone, not interested, but it was just still a good lesson.  And then we went to Victor.  On our way, as we were leaving Stevensville, Victor is a town that I cover as well, On the way to Hamilton, we stopped by and contacted an old referral. The referral’s not there, but his sister and mom are there, and they were totally interested and wanted to hear our message.  So we’re going back this Wednesday to talk to them.  So that was super exciting.

We’ve been doing some work over at the job corps here, which I had never heard of it until I came on a mission so... You’ve probably heard of them, it’s a place where kids go, it’s a school where you go to learn a trade.  But it’s like a full time, like you live there.  A lot of times kids who have like drug problems or other such things go there, but not all the time.  And the kids there are really, really great. So we’ve been doing work there, and we found a new investigator, his name is Jesus.  We play basketball with him on Thursdays.  And since I obviously can’t play, cause I’ve been really perfect in not playing and doing all that my whole mission, right Elder Crockett?  Yeah, no.  This week I tried to do good, and didn’t play, and anyways because I wasn’t playing I was able to talk to a kid who is brand new there, and is definitely looking for things in life and answers.  I was able to talk to him for a bit and he committed to come to church.  He didn’t come this week, so we’re going to follow up on Thursday and see what happened.  It was kinda one of those things where I was really excited I got to talk to him and help him out.  

We’ve had some great lessons here in Hamilton.  As far as our teaching pool goes, we have a couple people we’re working with, that may not be ready immediately but I think they’ll be ready.  We’re doing good here.  I’m actually teaching.  It’s wonderful.  So that’s a quick report.
I’m with Elder Crockett and Elder Davis, you heard Elder Crockett a bit.  Say hi Elder Crockett.  (Elder Crockett – Buenos Dias) And this is Elder Davis, (Elder Davis – Hello!)  He’s Mexican.  (Elder Davis – No I’m not. ) He likes to think he is though.   We were able to do a lot of service this week.  I should probably go through and make sure exactly what we did. (Elder ? – On Saturday that service was awesome.  Family History? )  Yeah.  Wait, What? (Elder ? – When we did the graves.)  Oh! Yeah!  So the lady that sent you a message Saturday.  That was super fun.  I was in Darby, the other ward we cover, we spend Thursdays and Saturdays there.  That’s also where the Job Corps is.  This lady gave us a call earlier in the week, ask for our help, she was a little vague, said she might help us, and Friday night said “Yeah, I need your help Saturday morning.”  And we’re like, “Sweet!  We’ll be there.”  And we were able to in essence, uh they have five ancestors total, who lived there, who two or three of which did not have graves, and the other two or three had graves, but didn’t have markers.  But they were made a year earlier and they were made out of cement, and were already fading, and were not readable.  So they went and got these really nice headstones made, and we helped dig holes, pour cement, and lay these headstones. And that was really cool.  A great experience.  Something that really, really touched the lives of these women and it was just one of those feel good service projects.  And the two grand daughters were non members, and I’d like to think we had a positive impact on them.

This week we got to do some stuff.  Oh duh! I saw Elder Hendricks this week!  He’s right at the point of his mission where he’s touring the mission with his family, and his sister who’s also finishing her mission.  We were one of the last stops he made before they flew out.  They came all the way down to Stevensville just to say hi to me.  (Elder ? – I’m pretty sure Elder Berrett emailed her on the mission) I emailed his sister once, she emailed me first, I responded. Went shopping today, I got bananas.  I can pretend to be healthy.  We got tons of raspberries this week, so many raspberries.  It’s been great.  Oh, yeah! Duh! Can you please send me, I know it like 95%, but I already sent my cookbook home, could you please send me your recipe for raspberry pie? So I can make a raspberry pie this upcoming week. I would really appreciate it if you could do that.  And thank you so much for all you’ve been doing lately.  I hope you have a wonderful day mom.  I’m fairly certain I’m forgetting a crap ton of stuff.

A cat crawled on Elder Crockett’s shoulder this week when he talked to one of the recent convert families.  Saw some beautiful sunsets, went on a hike to Lake Como last week and took pictures on top of a dam… (Elder Crockett – best dam pictures we’ve ever taken.)  Definitely, those were the best dam pictures we’ve ever taken.  What’s that a picture of?  Oh yeah, we saw a beautiful rainbow.   That was pretty legit.  I went kite fishing,  that was like two weeks ago though.  Our current ward mission leader here in Hamilton, brother Jessop, he’s the one that gave the awesome speech on the polygamist colony here, which I got to go to for the first time this week, we went and visited him a couple of weeks back, back when Elder Hand was here, and he just had a kite tied to a fishing pole, and that’s how they flew their kites, and so we went kite fishing with him for a couple minutes and took pictures.  I really need to send you these pictures, you’re probably going to kill me.  You probably are killing me.  Elder Crockett stole my soul this week, he’s a ginger, and he stole my soul. (Elder Crockett – I gave it back)  He gave it back. (Elder Crockett – He kind of needed it) I did.  Those are kind of important. (Elder Crockett- I’m pretty sure most gingers don’t know how to do it through. )  But he did it, and then gave it back.  I hung up all my shirts today.  After I got them back from the washers and dryers.  Now the rest of my clothes… I folded up most of my garments and put them away.  I think I have a couple of shirts left.  But then all of my colors are still on my bed.  So, they’re not quite all on my floor…





And yeah, that’s about it.  I hope you have a wonderful day mom.  God bless, keep on smiling, and tell Madison congratulations on getting her license!  Holy cow, I saw that!  That is freaking amazing.   Have a great day, love you.  Bye.




No comments:

Post a Comment