Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, July 24, 2017

changes...

Howdy mom! 

Things are... interesting. Still good. Still sorta familiar. 

So as you heard, elder hand went home early Thursday morning. Monday we found out the news. That was probably the hardest day. Tuesday was packing/saying goodbye to families and people we work with. And Wednesday was finishing up packing, doing work, district meeting, had a fireside, then drove to Missoula. We spent the night and then drove him to the airport so he could fly out by 5 am. 

Right now I am staying with the zone leaders in Hamilton. We will be in a trio for the next 4 weeks till I come home. We still cover PART of Stevi. They took away 2nd ward and gave it to the Lolo sisters. They can take care of it better since we can only go on Wednesdays. 

Thankfully I love both of the elders I'm with. Trios can always be hard, but it can also be super fun. Like last night elder Crockett was out with a kid about to go on his mission while elder Davis and I did some work in Stevi (we had a set meeting). Elder Crockett was a little late coming back to the apartment so we ambushed them when they walked in with nerf guns :) we took a selfie I'll have to send. 

I will admit, its been super hard this last week not to get trunky. I mean, I've packed up all my stuff, sent most of it home, i have 4 weeks left, doing "My Plan" is freaking trunk steroids. But thankfully I'm with 2 super great elders who keep me going strong. 

Ok! I would love to do that! 

Personally I thought elder Hand was and will continue to be a great and wonderful missionary. He has one of the strongest work ethics I know. Always has to be doing something, which was also a great help to me. While he isn't perfect (who is?) He is certainly moving, and helping others move, in the right direction. 

Dang. I believe it. Yesterday it got up to 99 supposedly over here. Definitely hot. We were out in it picking raspberries so at least now I get to eat fresh raspberries! 

Love you a ton! 

Also here's a funny photo we took today on a dam after our morning hike/bike ride.

#bestdamphotoshootever 
#IFinnalyfiguredouthashtags

#best2years 

No comments:

Post a Comment