Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The week Where my companion almost gave me a heart attack, and practically had one himself.

Good Morning!

This week has been one heck of an adventure! Thankfully it has not snowed! Its gotten a little chilly, but no snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

To start off, MLC!!! (Mission Leadership Training) It was absolutely amazing! While I was still sicker than a dog, I got to be with Elder Hendricks for a couple of days! Its always wonderful being with that glorious man! Billings was absolutely wonderful! I finally got to eat at Panda, after what felt like ages thanks to Sister Nikkie. Also I got to sit by Elder Hendricks at MLC so that kind of made my week :) Also spending the night with them in the mission home was wonderful too! :)

After MLC though, I did start feeling a little better so we got to go outside for a couple of hours, it was wonderful! However the downside is that in that couple of hours I somehow managed to completely lose my ipad. So long story short unless I find it by Friday, I'll be paying a bunch of money and then getting a Samsung Tablet. I am seriously praying my half my guts out to find it. The other half I'm using to pray for you guys!

Wyoming is absolutely wonderful mom! I love it so much here! It seriously is the place that I need to be. My knee is doing ok. It still has its ups and downs, but I am again no longer taking pain medication for it! I've kicked that stuff! The headaches were pretty nasty after I stopped, but at least all of that is gone too :) But sadly we are still sick. Funny thing is the doctors don't know what we have. However the Good news of the week is that the antibiotics are working so I should hopefully be better by the end of the week!!!

Just to report on health this week, Elder Hatch got pretty sick and actually ended up the ER. Its been a week. I've taken my comp to the hospital, twice. Found out he's getting mid transferred to Billings, and still under quarantine. His resting heart rate got up to 175 (its supposed to be in the 80's). Thankfully we got that all sorted out and his heart is better now, however he is now getting mid-transferred to Billings this Friday.  So yes mid transferred. Because of how this is affecting his asthma.  They just want him to be near the actual hospitals. I don't blame them. and thankfully no, they aren't talking about sending him home. As for me because the Antibiotics and the codeine filled cough syrup are working they want me to actually train a new Zone Leader! He used to serve in the Gilbert mission too! That's all I know about him though. Well that and his name is Elder Tucker. Yes Antibiotics. They know that we have an infection of some kind. our white blood cell count is up to 24,000. normally its at 10,000. And all of the tests that they give us come back negative. Its really weird. and Thankfully no Black Mold. We are watching the members house for them and my companion with his asthma would have known if there was black mold. Plus thanks to the members we have a freakin Hospital grade Giant HEPA filter by our beds for him so the air we breathe is Hospital grade :) Plus EMERGEN-C for days has been great. 

However the lord has been seriously teaching me. I was going through those books that you have sent me and I have felt seriously impressed on how important the family is. I was going through all of those picture books that you have sent, those help a freakin ton! I love those things, especially on crappy days. I know that I am out here for you guys, and for others who can have this wonderful joy of eternal families. And all that has been such a relief to me this week. I love you guys so freakin much! I am so thankful for my wonderful family. You guys are all amazing!  

One perk to all of this resting however is the glorious studying that we have gotten to do! I am seriously so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I think I mention this a ton in my emails, but I am so thankful for what he did for us. Due to all of the Stake and regional events I haven't been able to take the sacrament for 3 weeks. Thankfully we had some wonderful members bring us the sacrament yesterday and it was so absolutely fantastic!!! The Spirit was so strong I absolutely loved it!

Well I love you all! Hope that you all have a Fantastic week!

Never Give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett     

No comments:

Post a Comment