Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The week where i finally get to sleep in my own bed.... sorta

Good evening!

As I write this, it is now 4:56 and we are on our way to Billings.
This last week has been nuts.

We got to start off this last week with transfers! We spent Monday through Wednesday with the Cowley elders. It was really nice to get to know them even better, even though they are both going home this transfer. That trip to Billings will be crazy. Also I got to say good bye to Elder Burch and wish him good luck. He's over in Elder Hendricks Zone now, so he's in good hands. :)

While we in Cowley Elder Hatch took the opportunity to introduce me to all of the people that he knows there. It was so wonderful! We got to play the piano and sing for families and eat tons of great food!  Seriously it was wonderful. We even got to make more Pumpkin stuff!  I'll attach some pictures of Elder Hatch and I's pumpkin.

As much fun as all that was, getting back to Powell and doing missionary work was just as great :) We got to actually meet quite a few more people in our area for a couple of days! We even contacted or set up lessons with all of the investigator/less-Active referrals we have been getting!

However of course near the end of the week I got sick. Again. Right now I'm on my way to MLC in Helena to infect the rest of the mission!

And at last my evil plans will be complete! Or elder Hatch will probably just give me one of his masks and I'll wear that. :) Right now I'm no longer weak feeling and dizzy, but now I can't talk because my throats is sore.  At least I can still work though! 

 I'm telling you my companion is absolutely fantastic! We have had so much fun together! And he does like nuts  :).  Speaking of nuts, I have a couple of people that I would send caramels to. :) And no, I don't have a deadline. And also there is a 99% chance that I won't be getting transferred. If one of us is, it will probably be my companion since he has been here longer. Also our land lady called and begged president to let us both stay till mid January because we are watching her house for her and she trusts us two. :) And I will be making it back to Greybull at least once, potentially. 

 My companion and I have found out the joys of mental health breaks. The lord has given us them with us being so sick lately. :) The only difference is that instead of watching Netflix we watched 17 Miracles, and the other two movies that are approved. Oh and animated Book of Mormon stories classics. :) Those are glorious! I forgot how cheesy those were. I actually wince at times while watching them. Kind of like a bad car wreck. 
 

Over all though, great week! Can't wait to see what this next week brings!

Never Give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

 
Elder Hatch and I with our pumpkin!

Our Pumpkin!

Those are all sugar beets. We have piles like that all over the valley here 

Found this traveling trash can with Elder Hatch.

Saying Good Bye to Elder Stone.

District photos!

Another District photo!

And another one :)

I received a random text from someone in Billings.  She says "Your son is amazing! He is making me laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment