Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Friday, June 17, 2016

Facebook Pictures

Nick's mission is an "ipad mission"  which as the name suggests means he utilizes an ipad.  He uses it for all sorts of things- scheduling, sharing videos and messages, and even facebook.  Of course there are strict rules.  I'm not sure of all the rules, just the ones that apply to me.  I can friend him, follow him, like the things he posts, and share those things, especially if they are of a spiritual or uplifting nature (which I am fairly certain they have to be) but I can't try to communicate with him.  No commenting, or direct messaging.  However, it seems that people that he meets on his mission have less restrictions.  Which means it can be awesome for me, because sometimes, they take pictures of Nick and post them on facebook, and then tag him in those pictures, and then they end up in MY facebook feed as a lovely surprise.

And then I friend this lovely person that does that, and she sends me even more pictures.  And videos!  Glorious videos of Nick just being Nick. Like videos of him trying to do a back flip on a trampoline.

And then when I send her the comment, "These are the best, thank you!  I miss that awesomely awkward child of mine.  What he lacks in style and grace he makes up for in enthusiasm and personality."

And then she makes it all worthwhile by telling me "He really does love the gospel.  I see it with how he speaks of it.  He's a really great missionary! :) "

Sorry, I'm not going to post the videos here, you'll have to ask me to see them, but here's some of the random pictures I've found over the last few weeks.













No comments:

Post a Comment