Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall is a Thing!

My dearest darlingest momsy and popsicle, 
My Dear Father (and mom/friends)
There's been some confusion concerning weather here in Great Falls
But of course I'll care for Elder (Hendricks)
But of course I'll RIIIIIIIIIse above it
For I know that's how you'd want me to respond, yes
There's been some confusion for you see the weather is
unusually and extremely peculiar, and altogether quite impossible to describe
Fall.
What are these colors so sudden and new?

(Opening paragraph adapted from the song "Loathing" from the musical Wicked)

So if you can't tell, I'm a little taken aback by how colorful everything is here. Unfortunately I had pictures but due to an unfortunate accident involving me forgetting my ipad password, then incorrectly entering in 12 times and then having my Ipad then decide that the best course of action is to completely wipe itself of all information so as to protect all of our investigators information. On the bright side though, I now have a clean (data wise) ipad before me now ready to fill with all sorts of things again!

This week has been full of all sorts of crazy things. This week both my companion and I were able to give blessings to struggling less actives, and even dedicate a house! I didn't even know that was a thing! So cool. It's been kind of weird to think that I have the priesthood and that I can give blessings and help others. That was only something that all the cool older people did. I'm just an 18 yr. old missionary. I think the coolest part though is that it doesn't matter. 18 or 88 the priesthood is still the same. It is still the same spirit that puts words into our minds and helps us to know what to say/do. I love this work and this gospel.

This week my companion and I also tried some new amazing foods! We tried making our own chow mein (ok but left a bad after taste) chili cheese dogs (AMAZING!!!) and we even baked some yummy goods to give out to investigators and less actives. mainly chocolate covered pretzels and raspberries. (looks like I may have actually learned a thing or two from watching my mom) it was funny trying to melt the chocolate without one of those fancy double pot things we just sorta hung a smaller pot over a larger one full of water and jury rigged it that way. I would have pictures but apparently remembering passwords is actually a thing. 

This week was also fantastic because apple released IOS 9 which includes a really cool new notes app thingy which my companion and I may or may not have spent quite a while drawing on it and making funny pictures with it during our breakfast/lunch times.

We have also had quite a few funny moments happen this week. because our area book (which is digital now and so cool!)  is so full of new and potential investigators that haven't been contacted in 200+ days (and none of them have been dropped) that my companion this week set about recontacting some of these people to clean up the area book and help us to focus on the people who actually are interested (and try to make weekly planning less than 4 hours). One of the potentials that we contacted shall be called Jack (name changed). In the area book we saw that missionaries tried to re contact him about 90 days ago so we thought this would be easy. Knock, ask if he would like to listen to our unique message of the restored gospel, get the door slammed in our face, and walk away and drop him. easy right? Well apparently the missionaries failed to mention that he was basically never home. As in hadn't been home in over 100 days and hadn't been contacted because no one knows where he is. In fact when we walked up to the door we found cobwebs and a copy of the book of Mormon sitting there from the last time that they tried to visit him. After we realized this we couldn't stop laughing and just left a pamphlet on top of the book, knocked, and walked away.

Another cool thing about recontacting people is when you find someone who is really excited about the gospel and even wants to come to church! we found a few families like that and were able to set up solid appointments with them for later this week :) cant wait!

Sorry that this email is a little shorter than the others, we have a ton of stuff to do today and we have to go pick up the other elders that we are in a car share with. I love getting all of your emails and will continue to respond to them today (since apparently I'm allowed to write emails anytime today from 10 to 6 thanks to ipads. I love you all and hope that you all have a Fantastic week! 

Never Give up, Never Surrender!

-Elder Berrett   

Elder Berrett - OH MY HECK!! I loved the Wicked intro!!  I’m sorry about you wiping your ipad, that sucks.  But remember than snazzy camera I gave you???  Keep it in your bag, and then you can take pictures with it, and send them to me when you are in wifi J  and then if you wipe your ipad again, it won’t be that big of a deal J Glad you are loving fall.  That’s one thing I really miss because of living in Arizona- no seasons.  It’s still summer here.  High of 102 today.  Blue skies.  Repeat every day this week.

I’m so happy you learned a thing or two about cooking J  

You’re awesome.  I live for your emails.  

♥♥♥ Mom    

Thanks :) I loved it too. It was really fun to write :) yes I remember, I just need to actually remember to take it out of my bag. Half of the time we only take our iPads since our cases for them hold a Book of Mormon and about 6 pamphlets but I will DEFINITELY remember it from now on. 

Oh my goodness. So hot.  It's 58 right now and I'm sweating.  How funny is that!? 58.  Perfect for me is like 40-45.
Just took this picture. 


I love it here. 

I love all of your emails by the way! And all of Christopher's. Sorry but his are my favorite. He sends me all sorts of things like Star Wars airplanes and salad. If you could pass that on that would be fantastic! I love you mom! 

Sorry got to go again. Shopping and stuff.
Never Give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment