Elder Nicholas Berrett is currently serving in the Billings Montana mission (serving most of Montana and a good portion of Wyoming) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Montana and Wyoming for the next two years!

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Last email

Well Howdy Everyone. 

I figured I best send of one last email, while I still can as an elder :) 

This mission  has been absolutely fantastic. I really don't think I could have realized just how much I much I would have learned and experienced. 

Basically, I know that this was exactly where God needed me to be. It truly was here that I


have been able to not only help others the most, but also grow the most myself.

Going to Missoula was great. It really was wonderful to be able to see elder Burch and elder Tucker one last time. Funny thing though, elder Burch is now replacing elder Tucker as a zone leader! So he Will be driving me to Helena:) and elder Tucker is the new assistant so he will accompany me all the way to Billings, join us in the testimony meeting, temple, and drive us literally to the airport. I get to spend my last 2 days with Elder Tucker. It's going to be great :) 


Anyways, Holy cow. I get to see you this Saturday. That is so crazy! I really can't quite believe it, and yet I can. Super nervous though, not going to lie. Funny enough its all of the social things that are stressful. And funny enough the talk. Not giving it, just writing it.... good thing I have a week. :)

If I had to sum it up, I would say that on my mission, I have truly come to know better God the Father, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Obviously, I'm not perfect. I know that in this life I will never be perfect, but I know that they are there to help us return to live with them again. 

I know that as the prophet Lehi says "Men are that they might have joy". I know that through Christ, we can find so much peace in this life, and eternal life in the life to come. 

I know that we have been given scripture, such as the Bible and the Book of Mormon, to guide us in this crazy life and bring us closer to Christ. 

I am so thankful for a Savior, who also knows that I will never be perfect here, but who loves me and died for me. I know that as we keep on striving we WILL live with them again. 

Thank you all for all you have done for me. Thank you for your love and support, and know that I thank you with all my heart. 

Keep on smiling and God bless :)

P.S. here's a picture of a weeping angel 


Never Give up, Never Surrender!
-Elder Berrett

Only in Montana

1 comment: